Honored Contributor

Re: 6 hours of Gourmet Holiday?

@PA Mom-mom   You're right. 

It the title of the show stays the same, QVC's Program Guide does not or cannot change the hosts' names in the show(s).  This happens all the time with marathon days of themed shows.  This mini-marathon is no different.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  One thing I really like about Jayne is that she seems to have tried many of the food items in her own home and is knowledgeable about them.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm not watching, but I went to 'Items recently on air' and all I'm getting is empty pages.  

Is it just me?

@chickenbutt    Click on "watch live" when that happens.  They'll usually come up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

• @RespectLife wrote:

I used to love the gourmet food shows.  I have ordered a lot of  food from QVC.  I don't consider my purchases over priced at all.  I am still on AD for the salmon and bagels.

Prices are up EVERYWHERE!!!!!

However, a while back they matched up 2 hosts that are just not a good fit, acting extremely childish, giddy with continual talking over each other and the vendor.

I don't mind showing me the tenderness, flakiness, etc of food, after all, how are they supposed to sell it?  They need to convince us it is top quality.

However, these 2 hosts act like children.

Therefore, since I now never know who is hosting.....I don't even turn it on.

Thus, haven't tried any new food in a very long time.

ALERT  TO RESPECTLIFE:: Agree BUT think  they must had read your text today and  mine  and many others in the past ..See Rachel is with Julia today for the Gourmet Food show  from 4-7 that is a first, seeing Julia doing a Gourmet Food show, so far no silliness but still have  2  1/2 hours left,..Will say I  never mind each one alone just the combination of the 2 together wss unbelievable.,had to do channel surfing many times.
Trusted Contributor

I have purchased food directly from the vendor. had it sent to me, and it was much cheaper.   Try it!    

Adding Julia to the mix of Rachael and Alberti makes "Gourmet Holiday" MORE of a turn off for me!   Didn't think it was possible, but there it  is!   

Esteemed Contributor

All the Hosts are turn offs for me  when presenting food  while they are eating  and talking  or acting foolish , giddy.

A few yrs ago SK devoured  all the crsipy tops off some of those Grandma coffee cakes. She acted like she had not eaten in days.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 "A few yrs ago SK devoured  all the crsipy tops off some of those Grandma coffee cakes. She acted like she had not eaten in days."

That is what I think.  They probably fast for a few days so they can go hog wild during the gourmet holiday shows.  The hosts that I remember being somewhat dignified in their food tastings were Mary Beth Roe and Jill Bauer.  They only took one bite of the food and moved on with describing the product.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't wait for that new show " I Love that for you " which mimics a shopping network , has an episode abt the food marathons.

The 1st episode  had the main character ( actresss Vanessa ) and  actor Molly Shannon sitting at a tab;e eating some of the  food  that was stored in the fridge from the food shows .

Respected Contributor

They gotta get thier money's worth out of all that juicy hamburger they bought at the local Wegmans or Walmart for the show.....

Sad to say the Rastelli beef I've ordered looked NOTHING like what they show and squeeze and gush over on TeeVee....got  my money back in fact.

Just my opinion of course.

Respected Contributor

From the comments it just goes to show how insignificant the sales dollars generated by the posters here are. Posters are not the end all, be all of the billions of dollars QVC collects. If Gourmet Holiday did not generate sales, it would not get the airtime it does.