Respected Contributor

Maybe some businesses  dont want to sell on a shopping channel.  There are a lot more ways to get your product out there now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

Maybe some businesses  dont want to sell on a shopping channel.  There are a lot more ways to get your product out there now.

Without giving a big % to the Q. Brands using social media heavily and very creatively.

Also Q demo- white, female over 50 not a desired target audience for majority of companies in fashion, accessories and make up.

Respected Contributor

If you went to the live shows you might have a good time.

I really enjoyed Jenn's shower show in person,  and received some nice gifts and yummy food.

It is ENTERTAINMENT.

I am sure all the hosts are having fun as well, and so the shows are a great way to keep staff motivated.

Since people PAY to go to the QVC live shows now, there is really no discount available for those at home.  In any case, I agree, QVC's prices are in-line with many others, and much cheaper than stores like NM, Saks, Bloomies, etc.  Every once in a while I would go to a free live event at NM (make-up demonstrations, etc.), but then they would really push you to purchase. 

QVC has thousands of products--they just do not feature all the diverse brands enough.

Honored Contributor

I remember when they did the 50 in 50 tour in the 90's.  They came to our state fair.  David was there, it was fun watching behind the scenes.

Frequent Contributor

Re: 50 in 50 tour

[ Edited ]

When did the Q do the 50 in 50 tour?I don't remember this show.

Honored Contributor

The original 50/50 tour was my favorite all time QVC event. I actually had a product submitted and got an interview for the California show, but no way could I produce all product they needed.  I bought so many things I use today.  One was a furniture polish, Parker & Baily.  Also, the pastry disc, I was first introduced to BETTER THAN  Boullion, then it I wasn't in stores. I remember ordering it from them for a couple years til it went national. There are a few more things I bought I still use. Wonderful, wonderful show. Nothing has compared since. 

Valued Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

The original 50/50 tour was my favorite all time QVC event. I actually had a product submitted and got an interview for the California show, but no way could I produce all product they needed.  I bought so many things I use today.  One was a furniture polish, Parker & Baily.  Also, the pastry disc, I was first introduced to BETTER THAN  Boullion, then it I wasn't in stores. I remember ordering it from them for a couple years til it went national. There are a few more things I bought I still use. Wonderful, wonderful show. Nothing has compared since. 

Exactly, and they need a bus to do the tour.  It brought in so many new products and made watching fun for everyone!

Respected Contributor

I loved watching those shows too, they introduces so many new products and they were fun to see the different areas of the country. I am sure that they took a lot of coordination but it really promoted QVC as an integral part of the development and sales arena. 

Maybe the time has passed . . . but I know we enjoyed it!

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@greencardigan 

The Quest for America's Best: QVC's 50 in 50 Tour was fifty three-hour shows from every state in both 1995 and 1997. The did a wrap-up show in D.C. at the end.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't QVC & HSN do a new product campaign that was supposed to be like the 50 in 50 Tour in recent years?  

It was just 3 or 4 years ago.  Wasn't it called The Big Find, or something like that?  It was the same product search premise -- brands were able to present their item to a QVC panel of judges made up of Buyers, Brand Reps, and Hosts.

Brands I remember from The Big Find are:

• Valencia Key jewelry
  • Truth & Style fashion
  • BILLY Footwear
  • Mented Cosmetics

I'm sure there were more that I cannot remember.