Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@picnic 

She does not run in marathons, she walks.  She mentioned once while selling shoes, but she usually just reminds us whenever she can that she does marathons. I think she has only done one 1/2 marathon.  I think it's great she did it, but why does she keep bragging about it?

To make herself seem young and fit. She also refers to them as "races:". Yeah, right. 

Esteemed Contributor
@snipsnapsnur- I didn’t read it. Jane did the half marathon for “Heal” I believe & mentioned it on air. Her daughter is on go fund me raising support for her marathon & donations went to the organization.

anorexia, is a disease that’s not always visible; it’s very common with dancers. I believe she is doing well presently but they fight all of their lives to control it. My friend’s daughter didn’t “look” like it either & was bullied on social media. She lost the fight and jumped to her death in NYC.
Esteemed Contributor
Children should be off limits for criticism period. Whether she scolded, threatened who cares? She doesn’t know who you are & if you wrote nasty comments about her kids, it should be directed to you.
Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:
@snipsnapsnur- I didn’t read it. Jane did the half marathon for “Heal” I believe & mentioned it on air. Her daughter is on go fund me raising support for her marathon & donations went to the organization.

anorexia, is a disease that’s not always visible; it’s very common with dancers. I believe she is doing well presently but they fight all of their lives to control it. My friend’s daughter didn’t “look” like it either & was bullied on social media. She lost the fight and jumped to her death in NYC.

That is very sad. It is an awful disease and I pray for all those affected. I know someone whose daughter became anorexic at 12 years old, she is now in her late twenties and the struggle never really stops. Hard disease for others not affected to understand.

Trusted Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

I will take this opportunity to give my theory on:

All publicity is good publicity.

Jane has become the glue that's holding the Q together right now.  She has the spotlight whether you hate her or love her or are somewhere in between.

She's the main one everyone's talking about and I just bet she's actually loving every second of it.

It shows everyone's watching, paying attention, etc.  So maybe if all the incessant chatter suddenly halted, she'd have nothing to boost her to the top.

Just a theory of mine that popped into my head.  And yes, I caught a few minutes of each 50 + show and not viewing any more.  Therefore, there won't be any comments about it.  Get my drift??? Cat Wink

On the contrary, many turn off QVC once she is on, like me.   I won't sit and watch someone abrasive and who talks only about herself.   I've got much better things to do.

Esteemed Contributor

@Squirrels Are Trash wrote:

You don't get over eating disorders, you have them for life and hopefully learn to manage it.

@Squirrels Are Trash   You are correct.  It is a form of mental illness.  Usually starts from something at home growing up.  Many Dancers and Gynasts also struggle with it.  A Dance Instructor or a Coach can also be guilty of causing it.  Her Daughter had her story on her Face Book pages a year or so ago.  Don't know if it is still there.  When you post things like that on Social Media people will tallk.  I did a video on You Tube about 2 years ago on it.  One of the girls that belongs to the performing arts Center where I work, Passed away from it. It is a horrible disease.

Regular Contributor

Not if your force your children in on every presentation. The way social media is, why take a chance? People are hurtful and mean! I would not subject my children to it. @Stray 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad that I stopped watching...hearing what is going on just reinforces that...LOL

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

I watched the whole show and enjoyed it.  I would not pair Jane and Mally together, I enjoy both but 1+1=10 is too much.  Of course if you only pull out all the few "eyebrow raising comments" you would think it was unwatchable, but those few comments sprinkled into a couple of hours?  Don't watch it if you don't like the hosts.  

What I thought was weird was the 6ft model in 3" heels wearing a swimsuit!  She would still have been taller than everyone else with flats/sandals.  A petite person in sandals with heels maybe but she really looked ridiculous. 

@Bhvbum  I'm confused. She should never wear heels because she's tall?  I see nothing wrong with tall women wearing heels, or whatever they want.  Why should tall women feel they need to accommodate shorter people around them? They all looked great on-air to me.

LOL, LOL.  Lucky me, since I am 5' 9 1/2, I would NEVER say someone should not wear heels.  I am saying someone in high high heels WITH A SWIMSUIT looks ridiculous.  My opinion. PS, I've never seen any woman in high heels, in a swimsuit where swimsuits are worn.  I've never worn them at the beach or pool. 

Trusted Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

@picnic 

She does not run in marathons, she walks.  She mentioned once while selling shoes, but she usually just reminds us whenever she can that she does marathons. I think she has only done one 1/2 marathon.  I think it's great she did it, but why does she keep bragging about it?

To make herself seem young and fit. She also refers to them as "races:". Yeah, right. 

@santorini They are races, as in an official, timed, and monitored event. It doesn't matter if you finish first or last, it's still a race.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson