Super Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Clearly, there is an enormous difference between a 50 year old and women in their 70's. The younger generation are a whole lot less uptight it seems based on some of the responses on this board. Myself at 70? I have heard a lot worse and I won't be twirling my pearls in horror anytime soon.🙄🤣🙄🤣

Yes! I am in my 50's and I appreciate this more modern and light-hearted show! There is so much about the Q that is old fashioned, and I don't relate to vendors and hosts like Valerie, Mary Beth, or those whom others deem as "calm". Ugh. I like watching people with young spirits, not mired in the past and not ruled by outdated ideas of how people (specifically women) "should" be or dress or speak or act. I don't choose to spend time with women like that, and I'm glad to see a show geared more to those of us who share this mindset. 

My daughter will be 48 this year @LorelaiGilmore . She mentioned recently that having had a young mom she appreciated how I was never uptight and always willing to discuss anything with her. I love her generation of women. Non judgmental....💕

My mom was on the older side, but was young at heart. I remember asking her why she didn't want to go to Old Country Buffet with my aunt, and she said it was all "old people" and didn't want to hang out with them She was probably in her late 60's or 70 at the time. I loved that!

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

We loved Old Country Buffet, took our kids there all the time !!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Respected Contributor

The discussion of tampons came up pointing out the perks of being over 50. That their use is over for many, or will be very shortly. Who didn't find that, aging right of passage, a delight?

I think women discussing topics that are, or have impacted all of our lives, is refreshing. Of course, common sense would dictate that there are situations when this type of discussion would be inappropriate. We all know what those situations are.

But not for a show -- geared for ladies, who have reached the half century mark. It's a place where we can laugh at ourselves, while reminding ourselves, that we're part of a unique tribe. One that benefits from sharing our passages, with a bit of humor.

I really like '50 and Fabulous'. Some of my friends have tuned in to watch, when they rarely watch QVC, otherwise. But most of us are current, or previous health care workers, so perhaps we are not as sensitive to such topics. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @BlueFinch , for explaining what it was about.

I haven't watched this show in the past, but I'll have to tune in to the next one to see what all the uproar is about!  Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

Discussing *Tampons* or *Wetting One's Underwear* in public is NOT hip, cool or funny.

But that's just me. Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

What is preferable, years of making up false stories about yourself on an internet forum or actually having a career and discussing tampons and incontinence?  

libby's folly
Trusted Contributor

I am 75 and I found nothing wrong in their presentations. Some of you are so uptight that the word tampons bothers you.  I am also a very classy lady, but I am not a stuffed shirt. Obviously, some of you dislike these ladies so why are you wasting your time watching? Just so you can complain about something? Get a life!

Trusted Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Clearly, there is an enormous difference between a 50 year old and women in their 70's. The younger generation are a whole lot less uptight it seems based on some of the responses on this board. Myself at 70? I have heard a lot worse and I won't be twirling my pearls in horror anytime soon.🙄🤣🙄🤣

Yes! I am in my 50's and I appreciate this more modern and light-hearted show! There is so much about the Q that is old fashioned, and I don't relate to vendors and hosts like Valerie, Mary Beth, or those whom others deem as "calm". Ugh. I like watching people with young spirits, not mired in the past and not ruled by outdated ideas of how people (specifically women) "should" be or dress or speak or act. I don't choose to spend time with women like that, and I'm glad to see a show geared more to those of us who share this mindset. 

Also, this isn't a show for men. It's too bad if they have an issue with tampons!

I am 75 and I agree with you totally!

Super Contributor
I do not watch this show. However, why do these discussions have to get so brutal? To label someone or make a nasty comment because they disagree is unkind. Personally, I find my fellow posters’ personal life experiences more inspiring than a show. Just my opinion.