Regular Contributor

I have never watched the show.  I do not like Mally nor Shawn, both very brash and low class.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Still wonder why only 50 and fabulous...What about those of us in our 60's and 70's and over. G*d only knows what issues would come up!!!

Guess it's true that some age groups become invisible....NOT!

@Shanus 

the title of the show is actually OVER 50 and Fabulous!

What would we talk about if there was a safe space where (almost) nothing was off-limits? Over 50 & Fabulous "goes there," as celebrity makeup artist Mally Roncal & friends get real about real stuff.

Tune into QVC® every Friday at 8pm ET thru 9/22 for all the inspo & thrills.

Fact: all past episodes of Over 50 & Fabulous are available anytime! So kick back, relax & catch up on fun moments with Mally. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Clearly, there is an enormous difference between a 50 year old and women in their 70's. The younger generation are a whole lot less uptight it seems based on some of the responses on this board. Myself at 70? I have heard a lot worse and I won't be twirling my pearls in horror anytime soon.🙄🤣🙄🤣

Has nothing to do with twirling pearls.  Would you like to hear these conversations at ...let's say, a sit down dinner with husbands and friends?  You could discuss how you have to run to the store for tampons!  Or maybe at a social event like a shower or wedding?  You could tell everyone you wet your underwear? People would look at you like you have a problem and no tact.  Guarantee they would slowly distance themselves from you.  Same applies here.  Time and place for all things.

Respected Contributor
I’m shocked that she was discussing tampons on tv. I was out and did not see the show. What was the reason for even bringing this up?
Honored Contributor

@Coastalcarolina wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Clearly, there is an enormous difference between a 50 year old and women in their 70's. The younger generation are a whole lot less uptight it seems based on some of the responses on this board. Myself at 70? I have heard a lot worse and I won't be twirling my pearls in horror anytime soon.🙄🤣🙄🤣

Has nothing to do with twirling pearls.  Would you like to hear these conversations at ...let's say, a sit down dinner with husbands and friends?  You could discuss how you have to run to the store for tampons!  Or maybe at a social event like a shower or wedding?  You could tell everyone you wet your underwear? People would look at you like you have a problem and no tact.  Guarantee they would slowly distance themselves from you.  Same applies here.  Time and place for all things.

Every time this show is on the air there is a barrage of criticism @Coastalcarolina . Knowing that why even turn it on?🙄

It sounds like some people just need to have something to be outraged over. Perpetual state of horror over stuff that is just a part of life. Don't like it? Watch TCM or knit a sweater.🤣😳

Super Contributor

Don't knit, don't watch TCM.  You do you, I'll do me.  🤣🙄

Super Contributor

Re: 50 AND FABULOUS?

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

Yes! I am in my 50's and I appreciate this more modern and light-hearted show! There is so much about the Q that is old fashioned, and I don't relate to vendors and hosts like Valerie, Mary Beth, or those whom others deem as "calm". Ugh. I like watching people with young spirits, not mired in the past and not ruled by outdated ideas of how people (specifically women) "should" be or dress or speak or act. I don't choose to spend time with women like that, and I'm glad to see a show geared more to those of us who share this mindset. 

Also, this isn't a show for men. It's too bad if they have an issue with tampons!

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Yes! I am in my 50's and I appreciate this more modern and light-hearted show! There is so much about the Q that is old fashioned, and I don't relate to vendors and hosts like Valerie, Mary Beth, or those whom others deem as "calm". Ugh. I like watching people with young spirits, not mired in the past and not ruled by outdated ideas of how people (specifically women) "should" be or dress or speak or act. I don't choose to spend time with women like that, and I'm glad to see a show geared more to those of us who share this mindset. 

My daughter will be 48 this year @LorelaiGilmore . She mentioned recently that having had a young mom she appreciated how I was never uptight and always willing to discuss anything with her. I love her generation of women. Non judgmental....💕

Honored Contributor

@Coastalcarolina wrote:

Don't knit, don't watch TCM.  You do you, I'll do me.  🤣🙄

Just a suggestion. Be happy. Negativity shows up on our faces as we age. 😀