Super Contributor
It is very interesting how many people here on these boards do not watch the Q. Is it that you are shopping online ? My question is how are you commenting on shows and hosts if you are not watching ? Rather odd and I am perplexed.
Contributor

JT must think all shows are now like Over 50 and Fabulous.....on a shoe show she commented to Lailani from Ryka, "your boobs look great in that top". Looking for shock value I guess.

New Contributor

I enjoy watching this show and so does my 85 yr old mother.  It makes us laugh.  Certainly if you don't care for it, change the channel or turn it off it's that simple. 

Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

The discussion of tampons came up pointing out the perks of being over 50. That their use is over for many, or will be very shortly. Who didn't find that, aging right of passage, a delight?

I think women discussing topics that are, or have impacted all of our lives, is refreshing. Of course, common sense would dictate that there are situations when this type of discussion would be inappropriate. We all know what those situations are.

But not for a show -- geared for ladies, who have reached the half century mark. It's a place where we can laugh at ourselves, while reminding ourselves, that we're part of a unique tribe. One that benefits from sharing our passages, with a bit of humor.

I really like '50 and Fabulous'. Some of my friends have tuned in to watch, when they rarely watch QVC, otherwise. But most of us are current, or previous health care workers, so perhaps we are not as sensitive to such topics. 

@BlueFinch 

I am not really watching much lately.  I have seen a few moments of the show here and there.  I have heard other people mention that a "perk" of getting older for women is not getting periods anymore.  On the surface, it's probably true.

But I have had another take on it also.  The hormone changes that eliminate periods also do much less desirable changes!  Most women will get thinner skin, more wrinkles, drier skin, hair loss, bone density loss, intimate area changes, etc.

In my battle against breast cancer, i learned my tumor is HER2+.  This means the tumor is receptive to my own body's estrogen.  So, I am in the phase where I will have a dexa bone scan regarding bone density (think osteoporosis).  After the scan, they will put me on a "hormone blocker," meaning estrogen.  So I can lose much of the good benefits of estrogen I may still have.

All things considered, having periods and associated hormones can be a positive.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@U of M Go Blue wrote:

JT must think all shows are now like Over 50 and Fabulous.....on a shoe show she commented to Lailani from Ryka, "your boobs look great in that top". Looking for shock value I guess.

@U of M Go Blue 

I will admit to disliking the term "boobs."  It seems disrespectful to a part of your body.  It can sound crude and low life.  No, I don't stay awake at night thinking of it.  But since I now have a big problem with one of mine, I don't find it amusing!

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

I said it before I will say it again.  QVC is becoming a disgusting show at times.  NO CLASS!!!. 

Trusted Contributor

@mommileebeth wrote:

I enjoy watching this show and so does my 85 yr old mother.  It makes us laugh.  Certainly if you don't care for it, change the channel or turn it off it's that simple. 

How original - NOT. Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Is there an 80 and Fabulous?