Valued Contributor

Re: $40 Q-Card Promo is a joke

[ Edited ]

@MercyMe7tysm for your information. I appreciate it. I haven't been able to find anything about the minimum purchase, if there even is one....I'm assuming it's just any purchase, but like you said probably best if its at least over $25...there are some polarfleece sheets I've been eyeing...might be the time to grab em'! Thanks again!

~ Hope in TN ~
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis Sunshine45 posted this below, and I do NOT see anything concerning a minimum buy amount (apparently the rules have changed since I applied to May), but I did notice that once you receive your $40, you will lose it if not spent by November 30~!    (And you have until Aug. 31 to order your first item.)    You can call (or chat) with QVC customer service to see if there is a minimum buy $.    I do not want you to get "taken" as I did on unclear terms of agreement.

Subject to credit approval. Offer valid from 12:00am ET on August 1, 2019 to 11:59pm ET on August 7, 2019. To qualify, you must (i) open a QCard account during the specified offer period and (ii) make a purchase by August 31, 2019. QVC will post the QVC account credit to the QVC accounts of qualifying QCard holders within 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the offer period but may delay issuance in its discretion in order to investigate any suspected fraud or violation of the terms of this offer. If QVC determines that any purchase violated the terms of this offer, then QVC will be entitled to void the QVC account credit issued in connection with such purchase without notice. Offer is limited to one QVC account credit per QCard account. Auto-Delivery customers are only eligible for one QVC account credit. No additional QVC account credits will be sent in connection with any subsequent Auto-Delivery shipments. Offer not valid for items ordered on Waitlist or for the purchase of QVC gift cards. Auto-Delivery items and Advance Order items that are not ordered during the offer period, but subsequently ship during the offer period, are not eligible for this offer. Offer is not valid for existing QCard holders. Qualifying purchases that are canceled or returned prior to issuance of the QVC account credit will void this offer. The QVC account credit issued in connection with this offer may be used toward QVC merchandise purchases (excluding QVC gift cards) of your choice made by November 30, 2019. Must select the QVC account credit as a Payment Method at checkout on QVC.com for it to be applied to your total transaction amount at checkout or call QVC Customer Service at 1-800-345-1515 to place your order and redeem your QVC account credit. This QVC account credit may not be redeemed for cash and may not be used as payment on your QCard account. This QVC account credit is not valid at any QVC retail location. The QVC account credit may only be used for a one-time purchase. If the credit is used at checkout to pay for a product from QVC, the credit is voided and may not be used again, including if the product is returned to QVC. This QVC account credit will expire on November 30, 2019. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other account opening offer. QVC reserves the right to suspend or change the offer at any time without notice. This offer is sponsored by QVC, Inc. and not Synchrony Bank.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

About two months in, I called CS and asked about my $40.  I was told it would take effect in the third billing cycle after the card was issued, if I had made the appropriate purchase. I still didn't see it when I received the third statement, so I called and was told the Q had applied it to a purchase listed on the next statement.  That was true, and I understand QVC doesn't want to issue credits and then have customers not pay their bills, but the hosts do not explain up front how the credit is handled.  I bet, if they did, less people would sign up.

Respected Contributor

Honestly, had I known it was all this complicated, I would not have bothered to apply. 

Trusted Contributor

I will never get a Q card because the interest rate is too high.  I have a visa and the interest rate is only 10%.  I think the Q is 23%, the standard for department store credit cards also.