Contributor

$40 Q-Card Promo is a joke

[ Edited ]

I applied for a Q-card during a promo in May--did not receive $40 as of today so I emailed customer service.   As per Q, I will not be granted the $40 promo.

Reason is that I had a previous Q-card years ago which "expired" or closed out by Synchrony (I do not know why).    One day when I tried to use the card, discovered it was "expired" so I reapplied during a promo.

BEWARE of bad business practices on this issue!   A customer since 1986, but no longer.

(revised to clarify):  Promotion is for 'new Q-card holders', not new Q customers as per Cust. Service.   My card expired so I applied for a NEW card.

Respected Contributor

Re: $40 Q-Card Promo is a joke

Hmmm... that ain’t right !

Thanks for the post I have often wondered.

Contributor

I have thought that might be the case. I closed a Q card about 15 years ago and thought that would make me in-eligible.

Respected Contributor

It really reeks of a scam to me. 

I also applied and was approved during the $40 promotion.  I received an email stating that I would receive my card within 7-10 business days and I could start using it then.  I wanted to use it sooner so I called for my account number and added it to my account payment options.  Synchrony, who issues the card, didn't know anything about the $40 credit and said I would have to talk to QVC about that. 

I never saw the promised $40 credit so I calledQVC customer service back today and was told that I needed to purchase something worth $40 before the offer expired, and that offer expired the day I applied and was approved.  Hmmmm, nothing was ever mentioned about that little technicality at any time!  My only saving grace is that I had a Christmas in July preorder that they could credit it against.  But, I still have to wait 6-8 weeks for the credit to show up.  What?!?!?

When I applied for the HSN card I was given the credit immediately and used it on my next purchase.  No mystery, no funny business. 

Esteemed Contributor

Most credit cards will automatically close after a period (usually a year) of non-use.

In other words, if one does not use their card in a year's time, the company holding the card will automatically close the account.

This happens with department store credit cards, too.

As for the $40 promo, it is supposed to be applied on your SECOND qualifying purchase, not your first.

And yes, it can take weeks for it to show up on your account. Usually it has to go through one billing cycle for it to show up.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I hate to be the downer in this thread, but the fine print on the main Q Card page spells out virtually all the details people are saying are secretive or scams. The only one that isn't as clear is the fact that previous Q Card owners are not eligible for promos on new card applications if their prior accounts have been closed, but I feel like the credit is always mentioned as being an offer for *new* Q Card customers.

I applied for a Q Card last year, made the purchase required, and received my credit within six weeks, so I can vouch for the fact that there's no scam here as long as you follow all the rules and know what you're signing up for.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

As for the $40 promo, it is supposed to be applied on your SECOND qualifying purchase, not your first.

And yes, it can take weeks for it to show up on your account. Usually it has to go through one billing cycle for it to show up.

The irritating part of this policy is that it is never explained up front.  I went back to read the email I received from QVC when I was approved, and nowhere did it explain how the $40 credit works.  Nowhere.  It seems that the only way to receive it is by accidentally making the proper purchase(s) within their arbitrary time frame. 

It feels like bait and switch. 

My apologies to the OP, this is a different issue and I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Esteemed Contributor

After reading that fine print, it definitely does not seem to work as easily as the hosts might lead you to believe.  

Also, it says that it is not available for EXISTING Q card holders, but if your previous account was closed, it's not existing.  If it's not valid for anyone who previously had a card, that's not clear at all.

Honored Contributor

@MercyMe7.  Hmmm, if the offer was for first-time customers, sounds logical to me.  You obviously didn't qualify

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment