Occasional Contributor

Re: 4 Easy Pays Needed For a CAKE??!!

I absolutely agree with you.  All of their food items are way way overpriced.  $50 for a cake?  What a bargain - Not!  You can get the recipe online and bake one for under $5.00.

Honored Contributor

@nana59You're lucky -  there's not a really good bakery left anywhere near my home.  Makes it fairly easy for me to stay away from the sweets I love though, so I guess it may be a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

There is a high end grocery store in my area that has an amazing bakery.  They sell slices of special cakes,  as well as whole cakes.  The cakes, which are beautiful, cost between $35 and $60.  

Frequent Contributor

Thats nothing. What about the cake they had at Christmas time for $200.00? I think it was a Juniors. $199!!!! It weighed like 5 or 10 lbs. Lol. Did anyone here buy that?

Frequent Contributor

What is up with ALL OF THESE FOOD ITEMS???!!! Ugh!!!  I have stopped watching ITKWD.  I can't stand it.  QVC has become too expensive and lacks any new kitchen items. 

Respected Contributor

@handygal2  Makes one wonder, huh?

Trusted Contributor

@Northerngal

I watched ITKWD this past Sunday.  I noticed the same thing.  No new kitchen items and too much time being spent on food items.  That nasty looking popcorn (it was every bright color in the rainbow) gave me a stomach ache just looking at it.  Who buys this garbage?  With all of the knowledge about how bad food coloring additives are, you would think QVC wouldn't sell ick like that.  Not to mention the color of your poop the next day.  Talk about a cancer scare in a bag!

Respected Contributor

I've never bought food from the Q or any other home shopping network. I've heard too many bad things about how awful it tastes or it arrived in less than stellar form, although I was tempted a while back to order the Deadliest Catch cod Evine was selling. But I'm lucky to have a family-owned bakery right down the street from me if I have a hankering for some really tasty baked goods, and they're a lot cheaper than the Q.

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch the food programs, but occasionally while flipping through channels an item catches my attention.  Generally, I think the items are too expensive.  A couple weeks ago there was hamburger, they called it ground steak, but to me it's still hamburger.  I don't need to buy that from a tele-marketer!  Besides, it was insanely expensive!  

Frequent Contributor

Well, I popped back on the QVC website today only to see that Corky's Ribs are the TSV.  Sigh.