Respected Contributor

Re: 31st Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration

@Dee in OK wrote:

My daughter went to Ireland last summer and brought back the most beautiful and interesting gifts for us - mainly local artisan type gifts. I'd love to see more items like this on the St Patrick's Day shows (which I love, but we need more variety)

Ideas- Irish pub decor, CDs of local musicians (yes, some of us still like CDs), some sort of miniature thatched house decor/items, something blarney stone, Irish herbal items, Irish sheep gifts, and include an Irish cooking show using green cookware to make some delicious Irish dishes.

Great product ideas!  And how about Irish linens, Irish wildflower seed packets, teas.....

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

There's not a bit of Irish in me, and I have no interest in buying even one item in the shows presented -- but I love the annual St. Patrick's Day show. 

The guests are so interesting themselves and wonderful on air. I like Jane Treacy, so I enjoy all her shows.   They are a delight. 

So refreshing from the loud sales noise from some of QVC's regular vendors shouting Oww!!, and repeating ridiculous claims when we can clearly see absolutely no changes in before & after photos, etc.  Yes, I look forward to the change.

@Caaareful Shopper 

That's so true about the before and after photos....LOL!!! Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Reever it is on twice a year (Rose of Tralee in Sept, or have they ended that?).
Trusted Contributor

I wonder if it will be cancelled because I don't know the quests can get here.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Reeverit is on twice a year (Rose of Tralee in Sept, or have they ended that?).

No, they have not ended it, but it has been down to 8 or 9 hours the past few years. QVC did not have Rose of Tralee in 2008, which is why my first post says that St. Patrick's Day is the only QVC event to be on for 30 consecutive years.

Honored Contributor

@DemimandCo well I wasn't addressing your first post, just Reever's.
Respected Contributor

I enjoy seeing these shows but do think they are now the same old same old.  

Having spent a lot of time in Ireland I know are lots of artisans with wonderful crafts they could bring instead if all the same vendors showing basically the same stuff every year - and too many knitted sweaters.

Would be good to change it up, different vendors, different products.

Valued Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
I wonder if it will be cancelled because I don't know the quests can get here.

@willomenia  Good question...I guess we will find out soon enough. Such unfortunate times we are in right now, but it will get better soon. We just have to get thru this period. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

I wonder same, whether Irish guest will be able to get here. Certainly won’t be same without them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if they might do a remote show

for St. Patrick's Day.

Image result for irish flowers   Image result for irish flowers   Image result for irish flowers   Image result for irish flowers   Image result for irish flowers

Image result for irish flowers

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.