Esteemed Contributor

Re: 31st Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe   I don't know much about ballet but I've been to a few performances.  Seems to me like Jane is not built like the dancers I've seen who dance professionally.  Is this correct or am I totally wrong?

I get sick of her constant, silly chatter and feigned enthusiasm.

She used to be considerably thinner...

@faeriemoon   You are correct, but still the body don't fit.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe   I don't know much about ballet but I've been to a few performances.  Seems to me like Jane is not built like the dancers I've seen who dance professionally.  Is this correct or am I totally wrong?

Im also questioning whether Jane was a ballerina. She never used to mention it and the last year or two she seems to mention it more.  Weird.  not sure why she would lie over this matter though ?

IMHO  I believe she may have taken classes in her youth.  BUT That don't make you a Ballerina.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Im surprised by the amount of hate the Irish shows are getting. Its only on once a year. Even those who dont like it can endure one day.

I have to sit through gem shows and Gold Rush shows for goodness sake but I keep them on because of my love for the Q.

I wish I were surprised. Old fashioned hate seems pretty fashionable right now. My husband says I've been using the word "LOVE" too much. Not sure which of us is right.

I enjoy the Irish shows, perhaps just for the nostalgia of the earlier ones. 

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@banned again Thanks for posting the Irish info!

I always watch the Irish shows as they remind me of my Mom, who passed 10 years ago. She loved everything Irish and had an extensive collection of Belleek pottery and Irish jewelry.

In March of the mid 2000's (I forget which year) QVC hosted a "meet and greet" at Studio Park with the Irish vendors. I took my Mom to this event. All of the vendors we met were so nice. Steven Walsh, the lady who sells Solvar jewelry, and the lady who used to rep Inis were unbelievably kind and charming and spent a lot of time speaking with my Mom. She was thrilled! QVC also provided all who attended a super gift package that included a beautiful Irish wool scarf, a Dresden Shamrock pin, Inis, and many other items. It was a great day.

Pity that there aren't "events" like that any more.

Honored Contributor

There's not a bit of Irish in me, and I have no interest in buying even one item in the shows presented -- but I love the annual St. Patrick's Day show. 

The guests are so interesting themselves and wonderful on air. I like Jane Treacy, so I enjoy all her shows.   They are a delight. 

So refreshing from the loud sales noise from some of QVC's regular vendors shouting Oww!!, and repeating ridiculous claims when we can clearly see absolutely no changes in before & after photos, etc.  Yes, I look forward to the change.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Im also questioning whether Jane was a ballerina. She never used to mention it and the last year or two she seems to mention it more.  Weird.  not sure why she would lie over this matter though ?

IMHO  I believe she may have taken classes in her youth.  BUT That don't make you a Ballerina.  

Also, technically, there is a difference between a ballet dancer and ballerina.

Trusted Contributor

JRT, you just keep on being "you"!! You are a very good, enthusiastic host!!!
Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Im surprised by the amount of hate the Irish shows are getting. Its only on once a year. Even those who dont like it can endure one day.

I have to sit through gem shows and Gold Rush shows for goodness sake but I keep them on because of my love for the Q.

I wish I were surprised. Old fashioned hate seems pretty fashionable right now. My husband says I've been using the word "LOVE" too much. Not sure which of us is right.

You are! 😊

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@banned again   Thank you for posting the schedule.  I look forward to and watch this event every year and always find something to order.

aroc3435

Me, too ... I love the shows and want more of the handcrafted items fewer junky trinkets.

Frequent Contributor

My daughter went to Ireland last summer and brought back the most beautiful and interesting gifts for us - mainly local artisan type gifts. I'd love to see more items like this on the St Patrick's Day shows (which I love, but we need more variety)

Ideas- Irish pub decor, CDs of local musicians (yes, some of us still like CDs), some sort of miniature thatched house decor/items, something blarney stone, Irish herbal items, Irish sheep gifts, and include an Irish cooking show using green cookware to make some delicious Irish dishes.