Honored Contributor

Re: 31st Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration

The Irish are still allowed into the US so far, I guess it's up to them whether they want to take the chance or not. As far as JT and that ballerina stuff, Jane did not always have those huge hips, she was very tiny and thin before she had kids and was a proportionate petite. If I'm not mistaken, I think it is her daughter who is the professional ballet dancer and actress. JT is such a name dropper and for some reason she thinks it's important that her customers know her family is talented. JT reminds me of the mom or grandmom who can't stop bragging about her family.

New Contributor

Management had to realize this would be a TOUGH day with the folks from Ireland absent from the presentations. Let's face it, this is Jane's show. She is so excitied and it translates. I watched for an hour at noon and it was so incredibly BORING that I shut it off. I'm not Irish, but I enjoy the excitement and actually have 6 sweaters to wear up in Pennsylvania. They needed Jane and her brand of excitement to carry this off. BIG mistake on management's part!!!

I agree new products are needed! What about the southern half of the US who can't wear marino wool sweaters????????? I'm sure they could come up with a light line of sweaters for us... Let's use a little imagination here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my...I just turned on the Q and the host (blonde woman...don't know her)  said they are selling a print of The Cliffs of Mohair.  

Wouldn't you make sure you knew how to pronounce things in your show in advance?

Edited to add.....they just showed a closeup of the host's hand by a ring....her nail polish was very badly chipped.  She must have seen it on the monitor, as she then covered her nail with another finger. 

Maybe she got called in unexpectedly to cover for someone?  

Valued Contributor

The most boring day on QVC!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tukey wrote:

Thanks - I hope more home items and less sweaters.  They show way too many sweaters.

@Tukey  Most of those sweaters are just beautiful.  However, I can't wear wool, sigh.

Valued Contributor

I enjoy the Irish shows, and I think they are doing an excellent job, considering the circumstances. I have it on now (4pm EST).

I watched Jane at midnight, but haven't seen any of the shows between 1am and 4pm, so can't comment on the show or the hosts.

Can you tell me if QVC will ever sell the Connemara Marble Rosary Coil Bracelet again? Waited for it for a year but don't see it for sale anywhere. Thanks

Honored Contributor

They are having the Irish guests link in remotely via Skype or similar service.....they arent spending much time on each item....

I enjoy these shows, but agree wished they reduce the number of sweaters and bring in some unique products....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

They are having the Irish guests link in remotely via Skype or similar service.....they arent spending much time on each item....

I enjoy these shows, but agree wished they reduce the number of sweaters and bring in some unique products....

Im not a fan of the technology,  I know why it was done but it has certainly taken the luster off the Irish Day.   Sad that all the local festivities in my area were cancelled for St Patricks Day.

Honored Contributor

@banned again 

Thanks for posting this!

I was thinking I just love watching and especially with Jane because I think she truly enjoys these shows so much and just always seems so happy about hosting.

I used to never be able to resist buying at least one thing and in the past got a lot of things from these shows for my daughters.

There are a lot of repetitions but I still love listening to the lilting Irish voices and having them talk about the different stitches on the many sweaters.

A few years ago they had pottery that started with a B? that had a bird, a whistle but they don't have it anymore. I always wished I'd gotten the bird. The Nicholas Mosse pottery is nice but expensive.

The solvar silver I think is nice but overpriced.

Anyway I look forward to it and its been wonderful to watch today.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"