Regular Contributor

What, exactly, is the 30 day return period.  I believe that the 30 day return period starts on the day you receive the item.  When does the 30 days end?  And what does that mean?  Does it just have to be "in the mail" back to them by day 30?

Respected Contributor

Re: 30 day return period

[ Edited ]

@PinkieBelle go here and ask. That way you know you'll get the correct answer.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/bd-p/CustomerCare2016

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I don't know.  30 days starts from the date of your invoice. Returns should be shipped on or before that 30 days ends. Q should go by the ship back date not the day they receive it.

Trusted Contributor

The 30 day period begins on receipt of the item, and you then have 30 days of possession to decide, keep or return. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkieBelle wrote:

What, exactly, is the 30 day return period.  I believe that the 30 day return period starts on the day you receive the item.  When does the 30 days end?  And what does that mean?  Does it just have to be "in the mail" back to them by day 30?

@PinkieBelle ... Hi ... I am glad you asked this question ... I have always wondered about this myself ... I think it starts from the day you receive the package but, I don't know when the 30 days ends ... they always say .." use it for 30 days & if you don't like it return it" .... so, do you return it to them on th 31st day or does it have to be in their hands no later than the 30th day???? It is VERY confusing!!!! ..... hopefully some one on these boards can answer us!!

Valued Contributor

I agree.  This question should be settled once and for all, and all hosts trained to state the policy correctly.  It would only make sense that the 30-day return policy begins on date of receipt.  If it takes a week to get your package, you no longer have 30 days to return it, right?  You have only 20 days because it took 10 to get to you if you're counting the order date.  What needs more clarification is this, and I've heard different hosts say different things:  (A) try it for 30 days; if you don't love it, return it.  (B)  if you don't love it, return it WITHIN 30 days.  OK, what do these statements mean?  I can use it for 30 days and return it or do I have to return it before 30 days are up, i.e., WITHIN the 30-day time period.  I've always made my returns in time so it's not an issue for me, but it's surely annoying to hear different things from different people.

Honored Contributor

I returned a shower curtain that has just now shown up today on my returns and I kept it thirty days.  If i had a problem I was going to say "Mary Beth said to try it for 30 days and I did.".

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I don't know. I DO know that I've returned defective items beyond the 30 day period. If it's a gift, you may not discover until you ask the person "how did XYZ work for you? I love mine" and then discover it doesn't work or it broke, etc.

Never had an issue with CS.

Regular Contributor

I found this under Customer Service:

What's your return policy?
QVC wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you're not satisfied for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back the merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange or a refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping and handling and Q Return Label fees. If an item is returned as defective or because QVC was in error, QVC will refund the S&H paid and not deduct for the Q Return Label. Purchases from QVC and the use of QVC services are subject to our General Terms and Conditions of Use and our Privacy Policy, which can be found at the bottom of the QVC.com home page. For more information, call Customer Service at 888-345-5788.

I think the hosts need to stop saying that we have 30 days to try it out.  We don't have 30 days!!!