Respected Contributor

Re: 3 reasons why my Q shopping has become less and less

@kaydee50wrote:

All of the above plus local b&m stores have better prices, quality and no shipping charges.  Shop local if you can.  Nothing unique about QVC or any of the shopping channels anymore.  

You are so right, which surprises me that so many women fall into this shopping trap.  Even if you don't want to venture out to the storefronts, there are many online shopping sites to do your comparison shopping.  I never purchase from shopping channels until I do my homework.  The price differences are amazing, but every so often the Q has the best deal.  Never on clothing, but on beauty and kitchen.  Oh, and by the way, I've never experienced a problem in shipping from the Q or HSN.  Even in shipping to 4 different locations in the last 5 years.  Zero problems.  Lucky, I guess. 

Occasional Contributor

Lol if it hadn't been for the Kipling TSV I still would have been gone. Just happened to love Kipling and was in the market for a new one and was idly channel surfing. So I have been wading through this web site. Turned out I hadn't ordered anything since 2016 when the pet protector sofa covers were on.

1. Hate this website, too much of a learning curve, it annoys me.

2. As someone who was gone a while, IMO even the clearance prices are shocking. And folks' comments about the returns process and charges are confusing and alarming.

3. When I have tuned in, I don't care for the shifts in the way the shows are done, the loudness, or a talk show format. Just the facts please. I don't want your personal details and I don't belong to FB and we are not friends.

4. Being gone a while - whoah, what happened? It looks like the same products over and over.

So suspect I'll be gone again soon. Had a field day with HSN recently with some clearance stuff. So alarmed by QVC buying HSN I even got an Origami shelf I would have waited on, but I figure soon the HSN I like rummaging around in with its stunning clearance sales and often free shipping and eclectic mix of stuff will soon be Q-cified into this boring stuffy overpriced format. Hello Overstock!

Respected Contributor

1.  Shipping costs to buy and return. Charging shipping on each item when you are buying multiples. Costs of shipping too high to justify trying on clothing; better to shop for shoes and clothing where you can try on, or from online with free returns.

2.  Too much makeup, skincare, mattresses/pillows. Boring if your not at all interested. Don't care for a whole hour of something I am not interested in so I change the channel.

3.  Not having the option to cancel or edit your order the same day.  They imply things are selling out when they are not and you make a purchase before you are ready. I have to work on not falling for that; too much wasted money on returns when you cannot cancel or edit.  Saying something is in the process of shipping so you can not cancel, then it is not shipped for several days.

Honored Contributor

I have to preface this by saying that I love the shopping channel concept and I still do however I no longer buy shoes, most clothing, most household, electronics, most jewelry, food, and cosmetics because I've sent so much back due to poor sizing, very little product for the price, inferior fabrics and inferior manufacturing and being able to buy comparable items at a brick & mortar for far less with no shipping....

If I'm going to spend $120 for a blouse (and I have outside of shopping channels).... I want to try it on right then, look at how it was manufactured and analyze the fabric prior to buying it!  Because I hate to return anything! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

1. QVC no longer ships to Canada since 2012.

2. QVC vendors that sell in Canada on TSC like My Pillow, Dyson, Perricone, Joan Rivers, and It Cosmetics jack up their prices more than the exchange rate. Not going to buy from any of those vendors. Only Isaac Mizrahi is reasonably priced.

There's a graveyard of past vendors that used to sell on QVC that were not on TSC for very long before they left like Judith Ripka and Carolyn Pollack (second time TSC vendor too).

3. I can say the same thing about HSN. They have never shipped to Canada but their same vendors who sell in Canada like Marla Wynne charge way more than the exchange rate. There's also many vendors who have left including Diane Gilman, Giuliana Rancic, NeNe Leakes, Carol Brodie, and Jay King.

Honored Contributor

@softwarewrote:

All of the above plus boring products.

I can't watch anymore so that limits what I see.

I can't watch because it's the same old selling spiel.

Too much hype, not enough quality.

I agree -- boring products.  They sell the same 10-12 products (and variations of) week after week after week after week.   Most of us could probably recite the presentations by heart.  I can't even imagine being a host and having to present these same things all the time?  

Esteemed Contributor

Inconsistent sizing!

Poor quality and receiving broken items!

I don't trust QVC any more.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Traindreamerwrote:

1.  Comparison shopping

2.  Have very few needs and we are curtailing wants

3.  Better things to do than watch TV

We record the shows we enjoy and fast forward. With the influx of new hosts, we watch even less, which means we buy less.  We find the new hosts annoying. Many of the veteran hosts are retiring, and at some point, we may stop watching altogether.

I dont understand the concept of recording QVC if the item you want and/or color and/or size sells out why even bother to record QVC in the first place....now thats a waste of time..!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Traindreamer:   I record because it fills my time as I don't go out a lot.  Lately there isn't that much concern that an item will sell out.  It  isn't like the old days of QVC.  I sometimes miss an OTO that I may have been interested in, but I just forget about it.  

Respected Contributor

In addition to sea breeze's excellent 3 reasons, I'll add

1. Very low quality of products offered.

2. High prices of the low quality products offered.

3. Same boring products offered again and again and again...

Do we only get 3 reasons...I have more!