Re: 3 reasons why my Q shopping has become less and less

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

1. Prices are too high

2. Shipping takes soooo long

3. Returns are difficult

@Group 5 minus 1  Do I only get 3?

Trusted Contributor

For me, 1) THE SHIPPING TAKES TO LONG !!!!  2) It is expensive to try items on and return them, sizing is so off  3) returns take to long

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

1. Shipping takes too long, is expensive and is super wasteful -I ordered (2) Barbara Bixby circle connectors on the same order that weigh almost nothing and was charged $10.00 S/H and they were shipped separately.

So, that means that QVC is doing its best to waste resources, overwhelm USPS with needless packages that further drains labor and creates delays for NO reason. Not to mention the effect on the environment from shipping two packages instead of one.

2. Manipulating prices - It's no longer guaranteed that you're getting the lowest price even on a TSV or clearance item for a reasonable amount of time. The prices seem to change by the minute now. I have to keep tabs on all my orders and take time to ask for an adjustment if I even catch it.

The item you just bought may go on a sale that lasts only 24 hours and you have no idea it went down $20-30 or a recent expensive TSV goes down 50% in a matter of two months.  It makes me wait to purchase if I can help it. I expect this from TJ Maxx, not QVC.

3. Prices are too high and merchandise is more limited - QVC's selection of merchandise has really diminished in the last few years. Yet, prices have gone up considerably especially for clothing.The Bixby connectors are way overpriced for what they are. I know I will use them a lot. QVC can charge much less if they wanted to. Not a great value to say the least.

I worked in Apparel/Fashion for years and manufacturing clothing is not that expensive. The markup is substantial. My advice: shop elsewhere for similar items at Marshalls, Burlington and TJ Maxx. You can get better made, brand name clothing at amazing prices. Importantly, the prices keep going down not up and down.

By the time you add up the S/H, item cost and tax, most items are super expensive. I mostly shop for jewelry I can't find elsewhere. However, I've shifted most of my jewelry purchases for other categories elsewhere and I'm saving a lot of money and getting amazing items.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of the above plus local b&m stores have better prices, quality and no shipping charges.  Shop local if you can.  Nothing unique about QVC or any of the shopping channels anymore.  

Honored Contributor

1. Amazon

2. eBay

3. See 1 & 2

Contributor

1.  Comparison shopping

2.  Have very few needs and we are curtailing wants

3.  Better things to do than watch TV

We record the shows we enjoy and fast forward. With the influx of new hosts, we watch even less, which means we buy less.  We find the new hosts annoying. Many of the veteran hosts are retiring, and at some point, we may stop watching altogether.

Honored Contributor

1. Repetitive Products/Presentations-especially their weekend lineup..........

2. Inconsistent sizing which calls to mind the "try on fee"...they do offer exchanges but only if item # is the same and only if the size your replacing is available Woman Frustrated....

3. Annoying hosts-you hear all about them, and the only product detail you hear from some of the hosts is the color  ("let's go through the colors one more time"............ZZZZZZZZZZZZ)

Watchin & buying less...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I agree the prices are getting out of hand.. just saw a new line on this morning .. $113.00 for a blouse.. its too much for me.. time to head back to the mall.. and other places online.. I will say that the shipping does take too long .. I checked on something I ordered last week and its in New Jersey and has been for the past two days.. I live in Md.. so I am about done .. movin on 

Frequent Contributor

Annoying guests and hosts, prices too high, quality too low

Respected Contributor

@seaBreezewrote:

1. Most women hosts auditory levels are beyond belief.

2. A few women hosts clap & actually scream when presenting.

3. Some women hosts are all about themselves & not the product.

A couple of weeks ago I was painting my living /dining room with QVC on and Kim Gravel' s presentation. She yelled in glee about something and my dog started barking then DH ran into the room because he thought I had fallen from the ladder ! Smiley Happy I enjoy many but fiind the volume control very important to use. Frankly it scared me so I did about fall off of the ladder!!