Valued Contributor

Re: 3 reasons why my Q shopping has become less and less

[ Edited ]

I am finding HSN to be a better venue than the Q more and more.  Their pricing seems legit better and so does their shipping charges and often shipping is free.  Over the last few months I bought a few quilts on clearance and not only were they cheap but the quality was much higher than the price I paid, I am totally satisfied with the quilts.

On a side note, I agree that the Q has sluggish shipping (being an Amazon Prime member it is quite noticeable to me)  but if you ever bought anything from Evine theirs is even 10X slower, lol.

I, too, am concerned about the recent acquisition of HSN by the Q.  I hope the higher shipping/pricing doesn't rub off on HSN.

Honored Contributor

@sol_lunawrote:

1.  Ridiculous prices, especially on food items

2.  Obnoxious OAP's - Susan Graver, Kim Gravel, Mally, Lori Greiner, Josie Moron

3.  Same old, same old products

@sol_luna: Was the name l bolded a typo?!  Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I agree with all of the reasons stated here.

I want to add that HSN offers incentives for the customer to come back and make another purchase. Almost every time l purchase something from them, l then receive a special offer in the mail. The most recent one was $10 off a $30+ purchase. This makes the customer feel that her business is appreciated.

I think QVC could learn from this.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

The New Hosts

The New Hosts

The New Hosts

Maybe they are not entirely to blame but it seems to be all about sales and not honesty in the product.  How many times have I heard, "You can wear this to bed, you can wear this to take the kids to school, you can add jewelry and heals and wear it to a nice dinner out.".  Please people! Where are the solid people like Kathy Levine who would say, "If you like bigger pieces of jewelry this might not be for you. I think this would look better on a teen/young adult".  She was honest about the product and gave a good description so you can decide if it is for you.

Respected Contributor

@bobja I noticed that too. If there is no vendor (sometimes late nights) the hosts don't even remove the garments from the rack, they show the color from the sleeve sticking out.

@sol_luna Couldn't have said it better. You hit the nail on the head!

Valued Contributor

I don’t know if anyone mentioned this:

Q-Less quality offered. Especially with  clothing!

V-Value? Hmmmm? That’s becoming less & less. I do better at Macy’s & Talbots Sales!

C-Not anymore. I’m disabled so, have to shop online. But the convenience isn’t there with such high s/h rates for returns. I’m starting to print my own as, using Qlabels take for ever! 

And for for good measure ~”Customer Loyalty” - Most other major retailers have programs were they give you points, special discounts, etc.. Maybe if you go with a Q card. But, no thanks. I’ll stick with my own CC. 

Regular Contributor

I agree with pretty much all the reasons everyone has mentioned. The "celebrity" hosts/products is ridiculous. The repetitive product push is lame. The older hosts seem no longer happy. Their "enthusiasm" is forced to say the least. It's sad quite really.

Esteemed Contributor

I defnitely agree with all these excellent posts - you guys nailed it!

Just wanted to add as @handygal2 has mentioned the food prices are too high, but also, imho, the quality of foods offered has greatly declined.  Also, I want to know where the foods originated from, e.g., seafood - from our shores or farmed in Asia (big difference in quality and taste).  Was the beef coming to my table from rganic, grass-fed, kind-kill (an oxymoron imo) facility.  These things matter to me and whenever I've called customer service they've been unable to answer any of my questions.

And, add one more, the shipping duration of the food!  It can be in transit for a week or so!  Refrigerated trucks do not run overnite and neither does UPS facilities provide refrigeration as far as I know.  I once ordered chicken a couple months ago.  Aside from an extended time in transit, UPS loaded it onto the wrong truck (add another 24hrs) during an unusually warm period in MA.  Needless to say, I refused the order.  A friend who lives in NH ordered a Juniors cheesecake for Christmas, it arrived yucky and runny - she tossed it out, but I felt bad 'cause I highly recmmended it.

Another irksome thing is that they re-sell returned items as new!  At these inflated prices, I feel new should be new!  I've only received one item this way but it's made me very leery; and, although it had not originally been waitlisted, it makes me wonder if waitlisted fulfillments are items that were returned.

Contributor

Most of the veteran women are great.  The new ones?  Not so much. KP makes me nuts.  We record shows we are interested in and fast forward the hosts that make us crazy. 

Contributor

If we miss out, no big deal, and we rarely do. Most of the new hosts are so annoying. Enjoy 'window shopping' if I am on the treadmill or cooking. My time is well-spent, believe me.