Frequent Contributor

Yes...I have a closet full. And yes, I'm beginning to long for the good 'ole full length. The idea behind 3/4 or "bracelet sleeve" has a place, and I'm sure a ton of gals wouldn't have it any other way. But the concept originated (I think) from the casual cool look of rolling or pushing up a long sleeve. IDK..I just wish more tops had long sleeves. Maybe toward the fall...maybe. (This probably belongs in the Fashion Forum). Anyone else feel the same? 

Trusted Contributor

👋👋 I lived in the south for many years. Shorts and tanks were my go-to. Now I live in the north, and the body isn't what it used to be. I find I am looking for long sleeves and fewer shorts, and more capris. 

Honored Contributor

@Derwin28 wrote:

Yes...I have a closet full. And yes, I'm beginning to long for the good 'ole full length. The idea behind 3/4 or "bracelet sleeve" has a place, and I'm sure a ton of gals wouldn't have it any other way. But the concept originated (I think) from the casual cool look of rolling or pushing up a long sleeve. IDK..I just wish more tops had long sleeves. Maybe toward the fall...maybe. (This probably belongs in the Fashion Forum). Anyone else feel the same? 

@Derwin28 wrote:

@Derwin28 

When I lived in a colder climate, I had plenty of full length sleeve whatevers.  Not any more.

It may be prompted by the heat most of the year, but there is absolutely no way I could wear a long sleeved top and keep the sleeves down to my wrists. 

I can no longer stand having fabric covering my skin from elbow to wrist.  I have no idea why it bothers me so, but I just can't.  Maybe someone knows why?     

Respected Contributor

Re: 3/4 length sleeves

[ Edited ]

I'll vote for 3/4.  Long sleeves are usually too long and to confining feeling.  Besides I love my bracelets and like them to be seen.  I find when I wear something with long sleeves I am always pushing them up out of the way.

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Lol...it's funny. I have and wear 3/4 length all the time, but it just doesn't feel right to me. I'll still end up scrunching the sleeves up if I can. Once a scruncher, always a scruncher?😄 (a northeastern girl)

Trusted Contributor

3/4 sleeve is all I ever wear.

Honored Contributor

@Derwin28 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 Lol...it's funny. I have and wear 3/4 length all the time, but it just doesn't feel right to me. I'll still end up scrunching the sleeves up if I can. Once a scruncher, always a scruncher?😄 (a northeastern girl)

@Derwin28 

Yes, I guess so ... and my scrunching days started when I was living in WNY.   LOL

Respected Contributor

I wear them all.  But I think short, elbow and long sleeves are my favorite.

Honored Contributor

I like 3/4 and long sleeves.  I find for this stage in my life they work the best for me.  In the summer when shopping I am drawn to the cute styles of short sleeves and sleeveless, but then I rarely wear them.  My arms aren't good looking for many reasons and also because I get cold with the air conditioning.  I also look for mostly a cotton blend which seems to be more cool and comfortable for me.  I now have an issue with full length pants of any type.  I prefer crop pants or capri pretty much all year round as full length pants make me very uncomfortable.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Love 3/4 sleeves because my arms do not look like they use to when I was young.   I have lived in Fl. most of my life, loved the beach etc.  I am now paying for that, my skin is looking old and wrinkled.  I have to cover myself up with longer sleeves.  I do wear short sleeves but if I am in the public eye, I wear a shrug. 

I use to wear shorts but now my legs also look bad.  My veins have started to break, worked all of my life on my feet. Just look old!!!  Never thought I would get to this point but turning 79 years, showed me what happens to your body.