Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 Danielle46 said:
On 2/20/2015 chrystaltree said:

It's what people were asking for and STILL they complain. If they shopped more carefully and thought about what they were buying and stopped buying things "just to see it"; their returns wouldn't be so high. I think $3 is an amazing s&h charge and it doesn't even apply to me because I use Usps whenever it's available on an item. However, that charge has been reduced also.

Do you understand that they didn't lower their S&H, they manipulated the money by raising the price of the items, no longer giving S&H discounts on quantity and now you pay for returns & exchanges. The ONLY one who made out on this is QVC - not the customer. In addition, you pay for shipping on every single item that you buy even if its two of the same shirt in different colors or multiple items from the same show. No retailer does that!!! They certainly pulled the wool over your eyes!!! lol

Exactly... Sort of smacks of smoke and mirrors to me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

They need to stop saying love it or return it. They want you to keep your purchase regardless of how you feel about it. I'm sure they'd prefer that you love what you buy, but if you don't, they'd rather lose your business than deal with repeated returns.

They should make clear on air that they do not have a no questions asked return policy. You do have to answer questions when you return an item. They have different return policies depending on whether they are at fault for something. The way hosts phrase it, it sounds like QVC is offering a satisfaction guarantee. And they aren't.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Wanted to add that I think $3.00 is a very fair and competitive shipping fee for lightweight items.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

If you shop "as is" or "clearance" and get the $3 shipping, that seems fair to me.

Respected Contributor
On 2/23/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/23/2015 Danielle46 said:
On 2/20/2015 chrystaltree said:

It's what people were asking for and STILL they complain. If they shopped more carefully and thought about what they were buying and stopped buying things "just to see it"; their returns wouldn't be so high. I think $3 is an amazing s&h charge and it doesn't even apply to me because I use Usps whenever it's available on an item. However, that charge has been reduced also.

Do you understand that they didn't lower their S&H, they manipulated the money by raising the price of the items, no longer giving S&H discounts on quantity and now you pay for returns & exchanges. The ONLY one who made out on this is QVC - not the customer. In addition, you pay for shipping on every single item that you buy even if its two of the same shirt in different colors or multiple items from the same show. No retailer does that!!! They certainly pulled the wool over your eyes!!! lol

Exactly... Sort of smacks of smoke and mirrors to me.

If the cost of something isn't what one wants to spend then they don't. I look at price first then shipping. If price is too high it stops me there. High shipping stops me at the next step.
Esteemed Contributor

You have to read the fine print instead of just hearing and loving $3. new S&H. The Q counts you will just see that much.

Super Contributor

I do like the lower shipping, but I have noticed that some items have gone up in price since the shipping charges have changed. A couple things I had on my wish list have gone up by about $3-6.00.

Now QVC needs to give customers coupons once in awhile like HSN does.

Trusted Contributor

I still think they should have free shipping; Amazon does and HSN does a lot. I don't think I'll be buying anything I have a question about without the return of shipping fees. And I've sent back way too much without getting ""the letter.""

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

Do they still have the return labels where shipping is taken off the order but are insured by QVC? Or has that gone away?

Regular Contributor

so Q sells bobbi brown..and 3dollars shipping each product..BUT I went to her site and basically got the same thing I can get here..same price BUT I got free shipping, a free sample and because my order was $65.00 I also receive a free lip gloss, mini mascara and a bronzer..so yes $3.00 is good for the Q but not necessarily good out in the wide web world...