Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 Porcelain said:

They need to stop saying love it or return it. They want you to keep your purchase regardless of how you feel about it. I'm sure they'd prefer that you love what you buy, but if you don't, they'd rather lose your business than deal with repeated returns.

They should make clear on air that they do not have a no questions asked return policy. You do have to answer questions when you return an item. They have different return policies depending on whether they are at fault for something. The way hosts phrase it, it sounds like QVC is offering a satisfaction guarantee. And they aren't.

But your satisfaction IS guaranteed, as long as you're willing to pay BOTH the shipping to get it to you AND the shipping to send it back... Yea, whatever, Q.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 2/25/2015 stevieb said:

They need to stop saying love it or return it. They want you to keep your purchase regardless of how you feel about it. I'm sure they'd prefer that you love what you buy, but if you don't, they'd rather lose your business than deal with repeated returns.

They should make clear on air that they do not have a no questions asked return policy. You do have to answer questions when you return an item. They have different return policies depending on whether they are at fault for something. The way hosts phrase it, it sounds like QVC is offering a satisfaction guarantee. And they aren't.

But your satisfaction IS guaranteed, as long as you're willing to pay BOTH the shipping to get it to you AND the shipping to send it back... Yea, whatever, Q.

Somehow I'm not satisfied by that. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

My money doesn't care whether it's going toward shipping or handling or the fountain fund for the front of QVC HQ Japan. Either it's all back in my bank account after a return--or it isn't. So exactly: yea whatever Q. Totally agree w you StevieB.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor
On 2/23/2015 Kathleen said:

I like the $3 also. I have Amazon Prime ... it's not just the free shipping, but all the other "goodies" that Prime offers.

I order a lot, and along with the "goodies" ... it's worth every penny to me.

And the two day shipping is WONDERFUL! I did most of my Christmas shopping with Amazon last year. I also love prime when I nearly forget a birthday. I can send it right to the person- FAST!!!

I do like the 3.00 shipping. I used to buy multiples just for the discounted shopping, now I can just buy one item. I bought a Woman With Control tank. I liked it, and then bought another a few days later without feeling I had lost out on discounted shipping. I sometimes also like my items packaged and shipped separately (expensive purses).

Honored Contributor
On 2/25/2015 Porcelain said:

My money doesn't care whether it's going toward shipping or handling or the fountain fund for the front of QVC HQ Japan. Either it's all back in my bank account after a return--or it isn't. So exactly: yea whatever Q. Totally agree w you StevieB.

I know, a real perk from the Q... So in essence, if an item doesn't work out, we pay upwards of eight or nine dollars just to try something on or check something out in person... And the costs are quite a bit more for some items, like handbags. I think not...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

$3 is fine but when you buy a second of the same item and they charge another $3 and ship it in the same package as the first somehow it doesn't seem right. They would do better to charge shipping ""per order"" instead of per item. Well they wouldn't do better but it would be better for us. And it wouldn't hurt them to have free shipping if the order was over $100 - similar to Macy's.

Super Contributor
On 2/23/2015 stevieb said:

Ah yes, all is well with the Q... For some, it always seems to be...

I'm not ordering much these days for a variety of reasons, but did order some kitchen shears and paid five bucks (not three) for shipping. Yes that's right, five bucks to ship a few pairs of scissors... Certainly, for some items the new rates are better, for many items they aren't, and then there's the matter of no discounts for multiples and no return of original fees when an item doesn't pan out. Taken all together, the 'bargain' just isn't consistently there.

While I never expected across the board free shipping, put me in the 'complainer' category, because there are enough downsides to the new policy that it's definitely part of the reason I'll be ordering less. I'm not a 'serial' returner, but have no intention of taking risks that could net me significant costs just for the' privilege' of trying something I might find to my liking... And then there's the matter of the reported price increases that just happened to coincide with the new shipping rates...

For those who find all this workable, enjoy...

Well said. The surprise is in the details. If all read the fine print there are no surprises. For those that didn't read and then return something to find they are out $10 or more.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Valued Contributor

Well, I did not think $6 was bad to pay for the shipment of my 2 small VB bags that I ordered on 2/16, but I have not received them yet, so I am far from happy about the new shipping policy. This has been the biggest deal breaker for me as far as future ordering from the Q. I have returned very little as I try to make sure the item will work before ordering, but to not receive an order from 2/16 for 10 days and CS telling me I have to wait until 3/3 for them to act on this is really unacceptable IMO.

Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/25/2015 Porcelain said:

I know, a real perk from the Q... So in essence, if an item doesn't work out, we pay upwards of eight or nine dollars just to try something on or check something out in person... And the costs are quite a bit more for some items, like handbags. I think not...

Indeed. Handbags are a particular sore spot for me. I used to but a lot of them from the Q. Not any more, with the new return policy. l calculated what it would cost me if l had to return one, and it's a deal-breaker: $11.97 S&H for a large bag, plus about $1.00 tax in my state, plus $8.95 return label, and the total l would lose is $22.00. The alternative is to keep an expensive bag but not be happy with it. To me, neither option is acceptable!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Frequent Contributor

I so agree with "Porcelain". It's true Q doesn't care if we like it or not. And I am one who get's the letter stating too many returns. Everything I've bought that went back was by no means my intention, I wanted it all to work out, but sizing is a problem. Yes, I'm picky but it's my money buying these clothes and I see no reason why I can't buy two of everything I want to try with the intention that one is going back, the one that doesn't fit.

Even tonight I chatted with customer service and asked if return shipping is up to me can I buy two of something I would really like and return the other without getting a letter and she said, probably not. So I cancelled the order. So sad as one would be bought.

I have never walked into a store and just bought something without trying it on first.

I had a elderly friend who loved the Q, she thought of them as friends and she being well to do bought a lot never returned anything, one day she asked me to help her set up a garage sale as she was downsizing, in her garage there had to be over fifty boxes of unopened Q products not even used. She did well in her sale but that is what QVC wants are more people like my friend who buy and don't return.