Frequent Contributor

Re: 24-hours of gardening Saturday, 3-5-16....REALLY ???????

I hate the 24 hr. gardening shows! Boring! Plus wasn't there another 24 hr. show recently? Enough is enough!  But, I will be saving money today so I suppose that

is a plus.  NOT.

Occasional Contributor

Really!! I so look forward to watching am style on sat mornings,it really gets my day off to a good start. I hate garden shows.

Occasional Contributor

@redhead65 wrote:

@kesselrun wrote:

I know, plus didn't we just see this? Wasn't there a 24 hour garden event last week?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I wonder if QVC is now in partnership with Cottage Farms?

I know it will soon be planting season, but 24-hours?????

What about the millions of people who don't? They will certainly not make any money from them todayAnother day I won't watch the Q, and I am happy about that.

I just don't understand another 24-hours so soon, or any time for an entire day.

24 hours does seem excessive.  And in a good portion of the country (New England for example) we are not thinking about buying plants yet.  We're still waiting for the snow to melt.  Also, I prefer to buy gardening supplies and plants from a local nursery so that there is someone I can go to for advice and recommendations.  

Super Contributor

I understand what you are saying.  I am no longer working and now have time to garden. I think it makes more sense to have these shows on during the week.  When I worked the only fashion show I was able to catch was the end of Leah's Saturday morning show. 

Respected Contributor

I wonder if it is more cost effective to get the gardening sets up and then use them all day rather than setting up and disassembling multiple times. I can see how 24-hour theme shows can be monotonous, especially today if you have no yard. At least there is some variety in vendors and products today, unlike 10 hours devoted to one TSV pillow or computer. 

Regarding a previous comment, it does seem odd that the fashion lines that would appeal to working women are usually scheduled during the week days. The weekends seem to be heavy on what I call "couple purchases" like matresses, big recliners, and computers where a spouse or SO may be involved in the purchase decision. I am rambling now so will end!

Esteemed Contributor

Another reason I have just about stopped watching QVC!!  I agree with all the posters, but I hate all of the 24 hour shows devoted to one topic area!!  And I hate the one hour shows devoted to one item!!  I believe tomorrow it will be computers, so be prepared...I definitely will not be watching.

Honored Contributor

They just have the absolute WORST programing on the weekends.  Lost me as a viewer. Only thing worse than weekend programing is Chiistmas in July  and August, September, October , November and December. 

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Dan with his favorite, the Little Giant ladder.  He'd more credible if he didn't make such outrageous assertions, for example, calling the traditional wooden stepladder - I have one - a "widow maker."

Yes Dan And his lame jokes  plus that ladder, what a snorefestzzzzZZZZzzzzzz. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvdoodles wrote:

I agree. Maybe a few hours would be ok. I have purchased plants from these vendors and they all ended up dead before the Summer season even really started to begin. The yard ornamentals/decorations are cute but I could do better else where. I find all the "all day" shows very boring anyways. I certainly don't watch as much as I did in the good ole days,

Same here, @luvdoodles. I ordered their Jasmine plant & it died. They did replace it, but it died also. I'll use my close-by Nursery. The Q seems determined to bore their 90% loyal customers every weekend.

Valued Contributor

This is at least their 3rd all-day gardening event this year and it is not even Spring yet!!!

I don't garden, but I would never buy plants from QVC because they make you buy sets of plants in a wholle assortment of colors.  When I do plant flowers, I like to pick one color and make a statement with it.  I really have trouble understanding why if I want to buy a knife or a can opener that I'm going to keep in a drawer, I get my choice of maybe 10 colors, but if I were going to landscape my house, it's the whole gaudy assortment or nothing!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."