Respected Contributor

Re: 2 pair of Quacker shorts received with dog hairs & wrinkles

It's never okay and I will never accept an item that I have ordered as "new" and I receive an item that is "used." Not gonna happen for me!

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 wrote:

I could not believe that I just opened 2 packages of Quacker Factory shorts and they were full of dog hairs and very wrinkled. For what the cost of these are, I would hope that I would received brand new ones.

Has anyone else had this problem? Lately, I have had to send some clothing back because of a sizing problem or worn by other customers returns. This has been an on-going problem for me and I need to cut way back on my purchases.

Where would the dog hair come from??? you would think who ever packaged the items would have noticed they looked used.  All I can say is wow.  It's a good thing you are not allergic to dog hair.  I hope the company will make it right.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@Mona_L wrote:

The person returning the item is ALSO at fault ... how much time would it take to use a lint brush~!   Come on.

She's at fault?  How?  She opened what she thought were new, never worn shorts only to find out they were full of dog hair and wrinkled.  That's gross.  I would never accept a used item.  Who knows what else the dog did.

I am assuming she is referring to the original person that purchased and then returned the dirty clothes.

It's the responsibility of the Q to make the item new again. There's no telling what condition a uncaring returnee might send back. The Q tells you to use it, wear it, for 30 days and return. What condition do they expect?

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Every b&m and online retailer puts returns back on the shelf.  Granted, they should check them but most don't.  Wash them and they'll be fine.   

They put them back on the shelf, @CalminHeart, but at a extraordinary low price, not full price. That is just not acceptable.

No, retailers do not mark down a product just because it was returned.  You'd be amazed at how much gets returned.  There is no way a retailer will mark down a return just because someone returned it.  Yes, the idea of hair on something I order is gross and the retailer should have checked them.  But that doesn't mean the product is ruined or should be marked down. 

However, it is a different story if the product had obviously been used/worn.  

@CalminHeart, I was speaking of the return condition of this thread. I know there are many returns that are not returned in that condition, or if they are, they are cleaned up before putting on the shelf. Then, there is no reasn for a lower price.