Respected Contributor

Re: $190.00 for Naot sandals!!!!!

@IamDoodles wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I only have one pair of Naots, a fisherman sandal style called "Columbia" that I bought at a small local shoe store in WA about 20 years ago.  I think they were $100, which was spendy at the time, but I still have them & they look like brand new.  They're not pretty, in fact they look pretty clunky, but they are super comfortable & I bought them to wear with wooley socks, which i think might be a "WA thing" because I'd see a lot of folks wearing Birks with socks up there!. 

Since I now live in AZ, I don't wear them much, because it's a mite too warm for sandals with socks during sandal season down here!  The sandals I now wear the most are Mephisto "Helen", which i have accumulated in many colors over the years.  I bought my 1st pair of Helens at Nordstrom up in WA in about 2005 after trying them on & was hooked.  They aren't cheap either, but the footbed fits my foot right out of the box like it's made for me. 

I think they're made in France.  I can't wear Vionics, either & Birks are also not comfy to me.

They are made in Israel and they are really excellent, but I would never buy them from QVC.  Our local shoe store carries these and they are much cheaper than what  Q charges.

@IamDoodles  When I said they were made in France, I was referring to Mephisto, not Naot, which I'm aware is made in Israel.  Sorry for any confusion.

Honored Contributor

This brand has always been expensive.  I bought a pair of loafer shoes quite a few years ago and they were not comfortable on my feet.  They rubbed my heels and toes and I had blisters " heel to toe."

I have high a high arch and high instep....my feet are picky.  I don't mind paying for expensive shoes if they are comfortable.

Super Contributor

Naot and Beautifeel are both made in Israel. I have been wearing them for years. They are well made, comfortable and never go out of style. I have been buying Clarks for years, too. However, you cannot compare the two. For every pair of Naots, you can wear out three pairs of Clarks. Clarks are comfortable if you happen to get a good pair that fit well and do not have design flaws or sizing issues. I have had to return probably half the Clarks ordered from QVC in the past 2-3 years; no more. Sure, Naot and Beautifeel make relatively expensive shoes. But you get what you pay for and if you can afford it, they are worth the investment.