New Contributor

Re: 19 years, but not so much anymore

Kohls
Honored Contributor

I don't buy clothes from Q anymore either.  Their sizing is never the same, even for two fo the very same item.   I will shop elsewhere and get better quality, free shipping, and almost always free returns.   Same with shoes.   It's not worth the extra cost of shipping when I can get it for free AND with a promotion code elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I agree.. been a customer since when it was CVN and have found my ordering has decreased over the last years.  Having said that, I do most of my Q shopping at their outlet in PA.  Paying a fraction for the same items on the tv has taught me that I don't need to buy when I see it on the television.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

or longer

@stevieb wrote:

I'd also note that the 30 day return policy is no longer all that special.  Most retailers offer pretty much the same deal.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw some promo in passing about them having something on the Today show.  I am never home when that show is on so I'll skip it

Contributor

I agree 100% with all these posts. The "try on" fee is ridiculous. I will be purchasing clothing rarely, if at all. I really dislike all the changes the Q has made. I hate the new forums. I hate the new shipping policy. I am not a fan of most of the hosts (or vendors for that matter) and I dislike most of the presentations. That equals me watching the Q one hour or less a month now. I am so disappointed in how it has changed the last few years. I am tired of seeing the same products over and over and the presentations on each product are to long. I wish the hosts would give the measurements of garments/purses before they delve into their "personal lives." It drives me insane when I see a purse I really like and they never give the measurements or they do so at the very end. The same goes for clothing. I want to know the material blend, measurements, colors, and fit before I hear anything else. My love for shopping online has really diminished. Now, I prefer  shopping in the b&m stores where I can feel the fabric and try on the items.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@baker wrote:

I agree with every thing every one has pointed out, but all that being said, bottom line is you are paying for convenience. I know I am not getting a bargain any more at the Q, but if I don't have to run to the mall and look all over for what I want , it's worth it to me.

The Q is not the only on-line vendor.  I do not have a lot of time to run to the mall.  So I do much of my shopping on-line ... with vendors who carry the same  or better items as the Q for better prices and/or no shipping charges.  Shopping with these other vendors is just as convenient.  And usually they ship my orders much quicker than the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

I started shopping with the Q back in 1997 or '98.  I used to purchase quite a bit because their prices and quality were good.  But for the past several years I have purchased very little.  Their quality has deteriorated tremendously and they tend to charge full retail prices.  At the moment I only have a few WEN items on auto-delivery.  But other than that I haven't purchased a thing from them in months.

Occasional Contributor

the continued lack of quality up and down the line, the come-ons and subsequent hard sell, the inconsistent sizing, the change in policies, most of the new hosts and others, and the time it takes to get to the post office to return nearly everything i've purchased, has steered me away from being a big spender for many years to a nearly non-spender. most of the time, i just change the channel.  it hasn't hurt my pocket, but, eventually it may hurt QVC's (and these days that's really all they care about)

if they have risen only to be compared to Kohl's, that's unfortunate.  earlier on they could have been compared to any higher end store when it came to quality with the customer benefiting from the value.  these days, convenience isn't even a factor.  

the foundation on which their reputation was built has been bought out by big corporate ideaology. that never serves any customer well. as an aside, i am honestly not interested in the personal lives and/or product inventory that any of the hosts feel the need to embellish upon, in addition to the sales pitch.  they are not fabulous, they are salespeople.  and as long as every product they offer is "amazing", what do you believe and who do you trust?

QVC did not get better, just common.

Trusted Contributor

Yes!