Super Contributor

Re: 19 years, but not so much anymore

Hey,

I hear you !

Have not purchased apparel since the "new rules."  In fact, I watch less than 2 hours a week of the Q anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes they all sound the same.  Wish I had see this a few years back.  Their quality today not good, prices too high.  First time in almost 25 years I don,t buy anything.  Lowest bill I have to pay off this month.  My evil pays over with next month.  They are not the same Q anymore.  Nothing unique.  Use to have interesting shows just fun to watch.

The Victorian shows, the Teffiny,(sp) lamps, Kirk,s Follies when it was dressed up, the set. I do have some nice pieces, but now it,s bla, bla, bla.  Saving money.

Respected Contributor

I think you could go just about anywhere and get a better deal than what QVC offers. They sell the same old cr*p and tell you they're doing you a big favor by reducing the S&H.  This is not true especially if you return something.   If you use their return label and the S&H is 3 bucks, you;ve lost $9.95.  If you pay for the S&H yourself, you've still lost at least 3 bucks, sometimes 5.  So If you're watching your pennies like I do, it's more economical to shop elsewwhere.  And another thing, if you return something, you need to check on the refund amount.  The last few things I've returned, they have charged me for using their return label when I paid for the return shipping myself.  They're trying to make a dime anyway they can.....   And I pretty sure they will delete this post...  Maybe for advertising for a different shopping venue???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always hated S&H charges and at some places they are really exorbitant.  A"bargain" turns out to be not such a great deal after you add these charges on.  

And I never really thought of it the way you describe it --- and that is a very good description!  It really is like having to spend X amount of dollars to try on an item of clothing.  Something you definitely would not agree to do in a B&M store.  Prices are definitely high enough without adding more for the high S&H fees.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
New Contributor

The"try it free for 30days" catch phrases make m

e chuckle. Even if the item comes to me damaged or poorly made , I have to pay to return it . A few months ago I bought 2 tops, one had a hem that was partially sewn and misshapen and the other looked as if something had whited out the fabric on the chest. With easy pay, subtracting shipping and handling , my return was .78 cents. Macys has beautiful clothes, a sale every week, you can shop on line, in the store, and there is no return fee. 

Oh and Qvc Why do Susan Graver and Denim and Co items cost so much.....50 and up for Graver. Please........I can buy Lauren, Hillfiger, and Calvin for the same or less. Time to reevaluate Q

Esteemed Contributor

I seldom buy clothes off the internet now. When I analyze why, it's not only higher prices, it's shipping costs, lengthy shipping times, and poor fit. I like shopping in person and don't mind trying on clothes. Not only that, but even in stores sizing various within the same brand. I tried on a bunch of Jones New York jeans and the Soho capris fit well in white and were too big in the ikat denim print. The crop pull on jeggings in white fit, the regular jeggings I had to go up a size. 

At least when something doesn't fit in store I'm not buying it and returning it!

Honored Contributor

Adding insult to injury, it also seems they sometimes assess what the most popular items will be and then ramp up the shipping, accordingly assuming people will pay the extra freight for a desirable item. Their shipping charges are not standard, but rather seem to sometimes be item-specific.  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I agree with every thing every one has pointed out, but all that being said, bottom line is you are paying for convenience. I know I am not getting a bargin any more at the Q, but if I don't have to run to the mall and look all over for what I want , it's worth it to me.

Valued Contributor

Who says you have to go to a mall to shop for good prices.  Every major store has internet access where you get the same convenience as QVC for a lot less dollars out of your wallet.

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

I seldom buy clothes off the internet now. When I analyze why, it's not only higher prices, it's shipping costs, lengthy shipping times, and poor fit. I like shopping in person and don't mind trying on clothes. Not only that, but even in stores sizing various within the same brand. I tried on a bunch of Jones New York jeans and the Soho capris fit well in white and were too big in the ikat denim print. The crop pull on jeggings in white fit, the regular jeggings I had to go up a size. 

At least when something doesn't fit in store I'm not buying it and returning it!

Ty1,  I totally agree.  I have gone into, let's say, the TJ M dressing room with 25 items and didn't find one thing that fit right, or after getting it on, just plain did not like it.  WOW, 25 times approximately  $10  is an expensive shopping experience. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!