Super Contributor

Re: $180O Unauthorized Charge!

So I deleted all my cards, but the Q is saying that the only way to delete my Paypal credit card info is to call customer service?  Odd and inconvenient, but it’s on my to-do list.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

All the perpetrator will get if it is even brought into a U.S.A. Court is a slap on the wrist and nothing more, so Court Laws should be placed where all perpetrators are heavily fined to include getting those monies paid from any source of income they may have, or income they will  receive in the future, expect for their Social Security payments which cannot be touched by anyone but the Government for back taxes still owed, and the person who actually owns the account.

Respected Contributor

This is very disturbing. 

Honored Contributor

I think there's some information missing with this story.  How does the OP know that the charge was by another QVC customer?  Why would the supervisor suggest that the item would be returned?  A crook doesnt usually return merchandise.  I'm wondering if the illicit purchase was done by someone known to the OP,  perhaps a family member?  There's something funny going on here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   Customer Service at QVC as well as any other company cannot just refund money for an item they sent out without having the item returned.

They advised the OP to call her CC company which is the proper procedure. Her bank will get involved and straighten this out....probably eating the charge and getting a tax write off.

it doesn't seem like anything is fishy here to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

All the perpetrator will get if it is even brought into a U.S.A. Court is a . . .  

Huh??

This happened on Sunday. Today is Tuesday.

That number was probably sold and resold and potentially used on Sunday by someone on the other side of the planet, waaay outside of US jurisdiction.

Also, why is everyone rushing to remove their credit card info from this site?

It was OP who assumed this is QVC error.

QVC sold a camera to someone who falsely represented themselves as being her, and used her credit card # to make a purchase.

That's identify theft. 

The QVC supervisor advised her to contact Visa.

She'd wasted time talking to them and posting here because she didn't understand the actual crime wasn't "an internal QVC mix up". 

Now she gets it.

Honored Contributor

Why wouldn't she have called her cc company immediately without being told to do so by the Q supervisor and a dozen posters here.....unless she didnt want to get soneone in trouble?  That would have been my first action.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why wouldn't she have called her cc company immediately without being told to do so by the Q supervisor and a dozen posters here.....unless she didnt want to get soneone in trouble?  That would have been my first action.

Exactly....I couldn't dial the phone fast enough when I saw a charge that I didn't make on my bank account....

Contributor

I can’t believe a purchase made Sunday has shipped already. The supervisor’s suggestion that they must wait for a return is ludicrous. Surely QVC can cancel the order in this case. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@woman63 wrote:

I can’t believe a purchase made Sunday has shipped already. The supervisor’s suggestion that they must wait for a return is ludicrous. Surely QVC can cancel the order in this case. 

It happens - depends on whether item is shipped from a qvc warehouse or the vendor.  Sunday I ordered something from here, and this morning I received the UPS My Choice email that it shipped.