Esteemed Contributor

Re: $180O Unauthorized Charge!

@HXGirl 

You DO need to dispute the charge with Visa. 

Ring them up, tell them about the fraudulent charge and have them close you account.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I had something like this happen to me with Discover card. At Christmas I got a call someone bought a 400 dollar vacuum in another state they were checking if it was me. No. So all credited new card etc. Two weeks later another call, was I having a pizza party in another state right now? NO! The person was accusatory to me like I was lying. I was livid! They said this had to be investigated. REALLY? Another new card sent as they investigated. About a month later I get a letter that said I did not make this purchase all was credited. This was all in December. Fast forward to March and I get a letter from Discover that they found out an employee got my info when I called in with a question in November. They stole all my info and we are giving you a free service to monitor your accounts. I closed this account, how could I ever trust this company again? Geez what a nightmare. Good luck in getting this settled. I’m sorry I vented so long. ❤️

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HXGirl  Thanks to your post I have just deleted all credit cards that I had on file except for the QCard.  This will help me in 2 areas, (1) it will reduce the cards that can be accessed through/by QVC and (2) if I max out my QVC card I'll have no other means easily accessible for making any purchases, so I'll have to pass.  Oh well.  Money saved!!!  Woohoo!!!  THANK YOU.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe there is a fee any longer to monitor your credit reports.

Contributor

They know who it went to and are going to contact them.
Esteemed Contributor

@HXGirl 

I surely hope you keep all your cards in an RFID protected wallet. If not, your number can be easily scanned by someone while you're just going about your business.

Some people have that credit card in their hand for 10 minutes while they're just standing in line at the grocery store. I don't take mine out until it's time to use it, then it goes right back inside the RFID. click!

Esteemed Contributor

If somebody got a FREE camera - why would they return it?

Thank you for your information - I just deleted some of my financial data from Q.  I don't buy much any more so will enter info when needed and then EXIT.  Thanx again.

Super Contributor

Your credit card company will take care of this immediately as the Q is of no help anyway.  We have had something similar happen and the credit card company is great and quick about it.  One time we had prepaid for my son’s vision therapy for 18 months to get a discount.  Well 2 months in, we realized that this clinic was not the right one for us and requested a refund.  After calling for another month and getting put off (it was $2500 so no small change), we finally called our credit card company to dispute it.  Well, we got our refund in the mail 3 days later.  

Thank you for leaving this message on the boards today.  I am also going to delete my financial info here.  

Contributor

Thank you for this information 😊
Respected Contributor

That’s why I check my cc activity daily.