Respected Contributor

10 days to ship?!

[ Edited ]

So I ordered a set of LocknLock patriotic theme canisters this morning.  I'm going to a cookout/birthday party on Memorial Day - taking fruit salad - thought the largest one would be the perfect container to take it in.  Estimated ship date was 6/1!  I cancelled the order. 

Same thing about two weeks ago - found a beautiful memorial garden stone for a celebration of life I was attending.  Was going to take two weeks to ship.  Too late for what I wanted it for - couldn't risk it.

What is the problem with Q's shipping?

Trusted Contributor

Yes, shipping with QVC is crazy.  I don't believe the talk about shipping shortages/delays (although I'm sure that's a small part of it).  Shipping on QVC has always been a lengthy process.

That being said, I never order anything from QVC that I actually need right away.  I always figure that whatever I order is going to take a solid 2 weeks to get to me.  Sometimes I'm surprised and an item comes much faster than expected, but those instances are rare.

If you know you need something from QVC for a special event, you need to plan for it and purchase it way in advance.

Trusted Contributor

Seems like this is the norm for QVC.  Mine for the most part usually arrive within 7 days of ordering. Some much longer, some shorter.  However, there a lot of posts on here with the same delay issues.

It's gotten for me that if I want something from QVC it has to be for something that I don't need right away.  Which means no impulse gifts for any special occasion that come up.   So with me, QVC is loosing money because of it.  They are no longer dependable.

Case in point.  SEARS of all places, which has almost closed down most of it's store, I placed an order on a Tuesday and it was delivered on Friday.   SEARS...go figure.   

Esteemed Contributor

That's nothing! I have an Isaac item that has been "In Process" since May 6th. I've called Customer Service two or three times, as well as emailed Susan from the QVC Social Team (last week). Even though it is in stock, for whatever reason, no one seems to anxious to ship it out! I asked to have it cancelled last week, but "that's impossible at this point in our processing." So I'll return their SLOW delivery (if it ever arrives) and expect a full refund, including FREE S&H both ways.

Will I order again? H*ll NO!!  This is the final straw in a long line of bad experiences. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: 10 days to ship?!

[ Edited ]

Yeah it's really a shame.  QVC alwyas had prety slow shipping - altho occasionally surprisingly quick - but it's gotten so much worse.  Definitely can't order anything that you really need by a certain date.  I just wonder why they don't fix whatever the issues are.  I order from other national retailers and it's no problem.  

Thanks everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Two reasons QVC is doing poorly is 1. An item automatically goes "in process" as soon as you purchase it, giving you like 5 minutes to cancel. It stays in the holding pattern until they feel like shipping it. 2. The "in process" pattern can last 7 to 10 days. That's way too long to hold an item in process without shipping. I'm so tired of the excuses. Every other online shipper get it to you within 4 to 5 days. Plus the return fees are outrageous high. 

Respected Contributor

12 days for a small single cosmetic item, Still in Process. It  was supposed to  be received a week ago?  I would like to know if still coming or not?

Esteemed Contributor

The excuses (a fire months ago) are not acceptable when items are in stock! These business practices have been going on for years.

When shopping elsewhere, items arrive within days. If questions, their CSR's are very helpful if a customer does need to contact them. 

I stopped watching QVC years ago. Only viewed programming of shows I still showing 100% cotton items and natural fabrics. Nothing else. Well, that is also over after the latest "In Process" fiasco ordered on May 6th. Pima cottons are available elsewhere (in 100% cotton!) and I don't have to wonder if they have "swing hems" or those awful tunic lengths and usually at a much better price. Leaving QVC isn't saving me anything, but grief. Smiley Wink   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I truly believe that the Q is producing the products after the orders are made and only for the number of orders made. This is why a long delivery time.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are now living in a world where everything seems to be in an instant.  I remember when my husband worked your job was pretty much 8-5.  Now I watch my son in laws answering emails in the evening, on weekends, on vacation, etc.  With texting, if someone doesnt reply in minutes people wonde whats wrong.  I think its the same with this shipping issue.  I too am guilty of wanting my orders shipped fast!  I agree, sitting in process for days seems uncalled for, but we don't know the real reason.  I imagine they have trouble with having enough employees, like so many places do now.  I don't know where all the workers went, but there seems to be a shortage everywhere.  So, I guess I need to practice patience and realize the world is not coming to an end if I don't get my Kim G. top immediately!  Would I like my things faster, yes, but it is what it is.  Complaining here doesnt seem to help.  

P.S.  If anyone orders online from Talbots they are not shipping fast either.  Its getting better, slowly, but used to be much faster.