Valued Contributor

10 days to receive the TSV--too long

One of my frustrations with QVC is how long shipping takes.  I just ordered the TSV (swimsuit) and the estimated delivery date is 10 days from now.  QVC's entire operation is based on shipping out orders and it should not take this long.  If I ordered from Zappos or Amazon the items would arrive in a few days.  When a QVC fullfilment center located near me I thought delivery time would improve but it has not.  So disappointing.

Honored Contributor

Re: 10 days to receive the TSV--too long

They always have estimated the shipping to take 7-10 days.  Fortunately it usually comes much sooner.  Zappo's and Amazon's entire operation is based on shipping.  QVC also operates three 24 hour TV stations.   Shippers pick up from QVC and take these shipments to hubs so being close to a fulfillment center is not necessarily an advantage. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I usually receive TSV's faster than anything else.  Perhaps they're having a delay in getting the items from the manufacturer.

Valued Contributor

Last night (Thursday) I ordered a book from Amazon.  The estimated delivery was noted as 5-7 days which was fine with me.  This morning (Friday) I received an email stating that my book has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow (Saturday).  I am not an Amazon Prime member.  Shipping was $4.98 (for a large book).  If I were to take the subway to my nearest Barnes & Noble (they do not have this book in the store), I'd pay $2.75 each way -- $5.50 total, still cheaper than Amazon's shipping.  Plus, the book was $4 cheaper on Amazon than B&N, and I get the B&N membership discount.  

Yesterday I received a QVC package that shipped on April 25.  Yesterday was May 4, nine days later.  Why -- when Amazon do can deliver in two days?  In the next couple of years, Amazon will open a new distribution center three miles from my home which means even faster shipping!

It pays to shop around whether for selling prices or shipping costs.  QVC would do well to review, streamline, and improve their shipping operations to keep up with the competition and to keep customers coming back.

Respected Contributor

They seem to be relying more and more on easy pay to entice shoppers. Early days when most online or TV retailers took a week or more to ship, the hosts would talk about how great it was to get something within ten days. They gloss over it now, if it's even mentioned. I have noticed that the few beauty items I have ordered arrived much faster than apparel. And they were sent directly from the beauty vendors, not a Q warehouse.

Super Contributor

I know there are times when you need something to arrive quickly but for the most part  I don't think a few extra days matter. Most of what I order arrives in 8 days.

Valued Contributor

Totally agree and I have a new distribution center 10 miles from my house in CA.  Half the time it takes so long that I have lost interest and returned it - yet I ordered the same shoes that QVC sells - I bought from Zappos and got the shoes in 3 days total....with free shipping both ways......ya know they are so big there shouldn't be this problem and if they didn't pay such high salaries for their "hosts", which most don't deserve high salaries.....they could focus on their shipping!  I very rarely buy anymore....why?  Everything is cheaper other websites, and free shipping!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I usually receive TSV's faster than anything else.  Perhaps they're having a delay in getting the items from the manufacturer.

@Krimpette  The OP just placed the order today and is already complaining about the shipping.  I believe this is called "pre-complaining".  It's complaining before you have a complaint, just in case you might not have time later.

😯

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Sometimes it seems like my packages arrive mostly Saturday and wondered if they held some orders to send out at once? Anyone else notice some seem held back then shipped with others? I like to avoid getting them Saturdays in case I'm not home. 

Respected Contributor

The answer is simple, not sure why anyone who's been around for years can't figure it out.

I generally get things in 8-10 days.  Sometimes 4.   I never order anything I need right away from the Q.  I also try to never order anything from Amazon that's not included in Prime.  Sellers don't seem to be in a hurry to ship otherwise. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*