Respected Contributor

Re: 10 PM tonight must watch programming Dan Wheeler

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@VickyJo wrote:

Yes I thought that plaque was strange also. Not even a familiar saying. Also thought more hosts should have been there. Heard Rick say something about 24 years, is he there really that long. I would have guessed around 15 or 20 years, not 24. Anyway I wish Dan well and continued good health and a very enjoyable retirement. He should have lasted 1more year and made it an even 30 years.

Maybe the people who wanted to say good-bye to him did so at his retirement party, which was not televised.

Not everyone wants balloons and confetti dropping from the ceiling, with endless videos of the years gone by for their on-air retirment.

Also, because it's the holiday season, there are several hosts on vacation.

Contributor

No not Dave James, he didn't go to HSN. I know he was into photography and I also liked him. It was someone else and he had the same religious values as Dan. 

Contributor

That is true! Some hosts are on vacation

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Just because we, the viewing public, didn't get to see every single person who has ever been a host on QVC wish Dan a happy retirement, doesn't mean that the atmosphere at QVC isn't that of a family.

Afterall, there was a party for Dan that we didn't see, and I'm sure that many empolyees, both past and present, were there to wish him well.

I thought that it was a lovely send off for him, and he did get teary-eyed at the end.

I thought it was nicely done.  He did seem genuinely touched throughout the show, and especially at the end.  I suspect it was all done exactly the way he wanted.  I haven't watched him very much, but he seems like a genuinely nice man.  I wish him well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne He and his two Best Friends, Brian & Terry started Fearless Faith Ministries, each morning (except for Sunday's) they leave an inspiring message, and quote from the Bible, on Faccebook.  I follow them and look forward every morning to their message's, very uplifting!

Esteemed Contributor

@Vickyjo I thought I had read Dan has been with QVC/CVN for 29 years. He mentioned he worked at CVN which was based in MN back then, I remmeber when he first started.

Honored Contributor

@VickyJo wrote:

No not Dave James, he didn't go to HSN. I know he was into photography and I also liked him. It was someone else and he had the same religious values as Dan. 

It was Dave King

And Rick mentiioned something about him calling or something near the beginning of the program, I thought that is what I heard anyway. 

Honored Contributor

I thought the show was nice, as all the send off and celebratory shows now have selling in them.

What was missing was indeed a number of the 'older' hosts being there in person (sure, some are gone on vacation), and also a lot of old clips. I did doze off for a bit in the middle, but I saw no old clips and that is really sad, because some of us long time watchers would really enjoy that. I think QVC can afford to have a couple of hours of down time in the selling, and just entertain us with a great retirement party and old clips and toasts  and stories. 

And I agree with those that have mentioned the 'rumors' of his maybe being asked to leave seem unlikely as he was honored on air by some of the higher ups. It does seem they valued him as both an employee and a person. 

I suppose his leaving was very bitter sweet to him. Maybe needing/wanting to move on, but almost 30 years doing something you love is hard to give up.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is designed to bait others

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...