Super Contributor

Re: 10 PM tonight must watch programming Dan Wheeler

@shoppingdivagirl wrote:

I'm Surprised that more of the other hosts were not there for Dan's retirement show. He kept calling qvc 'family', but where was the qvc family tonight? His own family members were there and from QVC only Rick D, the show cohost was there. After 29 years it seemed to fall flat in comparison to other farewells, work anniversary parties, etc. I missed the first hour of his 2 hour final show of Dans favorites, so if I missed show hosts being party of the retirement show, please tell me.

Did anyone else make the same observation as I did?

i will miss Dan too. But am excited for his new adventure.

I, too, was shocked there weren't more hosts.  The only ones were Rick D. who helped host the show, in the beginning Nancy H. and Courtney C. came on while he was presenting gave him a hug and flowers.  I didn't see the end, but heard Amy may have been there (?).  I was surprised no Jane T., Sharon, MaryBeth, Dan H., Jill,  Pat, etc.  Even if they had a private party, this was a farewell for the long-time viewers.  I think more hosts should of been there. imo

Valued Contributor

Since QVC threw him a retirement party several nights ago, I expect that more of the hosts were at that.   That was probably his send-off by his colleagues.   Since that party was done for him, I don't fault people for not going back to their work place late at night in the bitter cold.  It was a nice show. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jannyg wrote:

Since QVC threw him a retirement party several nights ago, I expect that more of the hosts were at that.   That was probably his send-off by his colleagues.   Since that party was done for him, I don't fault people for not going back to their work place late at night in the bitter cold.  It was a nice show. 

I thought Dan said that Rick held that party for him.  And I got the impression that it was a large party and very nice.  

Valued Contributor

You may be right about Rick holding the party.  I'll admit to channel flipping but it did sound like it was a very nice party

Honored Contributor

I wish him well but I have no interest in watching a goodbye show.

Respected Contributor

That was very nice of Rick to host a farewell retirement party. I must say iave never been a huge fan of Rick (too frantic for my tastes and too caffeinated) but he seems like a decent person. Maybe underneath all the sales hyping he does , he actually is a caring human being.

Honored Contributor

So, I  missed the show.. on too late and I go to bed early.... what I want to know is....

were they selling stuff while celebrating his retirement?  That would be SO CHEESY.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

So, I  missed the show.. on too late and I go to bed early.... what I want to know is....

were they selling stuff while celebrating his retirement?  That would be SO CHEESY.

@SeaMaiden  Yes.  It was actually a regular sales show of products Dan has presented many times during his career.  His family was there for a few lovely moments, and a couple of hosts and their QVC boss dropped by, but it was basically a QVC sales show.  Dan was very touched and seemed quite moved throughout.  His "real" retirement party occured last week (in someone's home), where most all hosts and QVC management celebrated him with good wishes. 

Honored Contributor

Glad to read that Dan plans to write a book. I wish he'd come back to QVC to sell it once it is published. I'll buy it.

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I won’t be watching. Dan has never been a favorite host of mine, and I don’t think of hosts as family members or BFFs or my brother and get all involved. They’re people who sell stuff, and their private life and what they do with it doesn’t interest me.

@Moonchilde

I am sure Dan will not miss you either.