Respected Contributor

Re: 10 PM tonight must watch programming Dan Wheeler

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

Dans Retirement party is on tonight at 10. I'm sure all the old time shoppers that go back to the days of CVN will be watching caught up in the memories and waxing poetic about the good old days with Dan. Although I was never fond of Dan on the food shows I did enjoy his other qualities. Always seemed like a good family man who was loyal to his wife. Now he is all alone. Very sad for him. I just hope the decision to leave was completely his. 

There's a nice interview with him on the new online free InsideQ @Reever,

Dan explains his decision to retire and start a new chapter.

I don't think he sounds sad, jmho, he sounds like a joyful man 

with much gratitude and much still left to accomplish.

😊

"A Sweet Goodbye to Dan Wheeler — QVC.com"

Search "InsideQ" in the QVC.com search bar.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

I checked in and out. Amy was so sincere Nice send off.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Dans Retirement party is on tonight at 10. I'm sure all the old time shoppers that go back to the days of CVN will be watching caught up in the memories and waxing poetic about the good old days with Dan. Although I was never fond of Dan on the food shows I did enjoy his other qualities. Always seemed like a good family man who was loyal to his wife. Now he is all alone. Very sad for him. I just hope the decision to leave was completely his. 

@Reever  Sorry after reading your thread on the kitchen forum, I just can't believe your sincerity about Mr. Wheeler at all.  Also, you sure could have left out the sentence I bolded.  That's my opinion.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

It appears, from googling and reading his own quotes, that Dan is instrumental in going forward with an evangelical ministry that is soliciting donations on its website and does videos on Youtube and radio shows. It is centered in Florida, so perhaps he’ll move there.

There isn’t, at this time, anything on the website but Bios, Give/Donate, and a link to their FB page. All actual content seems to be on FB.

@MoonchildeI read that the ministry was started in 2016.  Maybe in Florida for tax purposes.

Frequent Contributor

Beautiful show. He is beloved.

Occasional Visitor

I'm Surprised that more of the other hosts were not there for Dan's retirement show. He kept calling qvc 'family', but where was the qvc family tonight? His own family members were there and from QVC only Rick D, the show cohost was there. After 29 years it seemed to fall flat in comparison to other farewells, work anniversary parties, etc. I missed the first hour of his 2 hour final show of Dans favorites, so if I missed show hosts being party of the retirement show, please tell me.

Did anyone else make the same observation as I did?

i will miss Dan too. But am excited for his new adventure.

Trusted Contributor

@shoppingdivagirl wrote:

I'm Surprised that more of the other hosts were not there for Dan's retirement show. He kept calling qvc 'family', but where was the qvc family tonight? His own family members were there and from QVC only Rick D, the show cohost was there. After 29 years it seemed to fall flat in comparison to other farewells, work anniversary parties, etc. I missed the first hour of his 2 hour final show of Dans favorites, so if I missed show hosts being party of the retirement show, please tell me.

That’s a very good point.  They did a tribute video, but there were only a handful of hosts in the video.  I don’t recall seeing Jill Bauer, Sharon Faetsch, Jane Treacy, Antonella Nester, Carolyn Gracie, Dan Hughes, or Shawn Killinger in that video.  

Frequent Contributor

Dan and Rick referenced a very big party a few days ago. Sounded like that was the formal send-off. Think he discusses on his blog. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shoppingdivagirl

@shoppingdivagirl wrote:

I thought the same.  It was two hours long, plenty of times  for some old timers to show up. Kathy Levine got a good send off.  I think  LR also.  It sort of fell flat.  I,m sorry to see him go, but  It,s a host and a selling show.  He does seem like a super nice man.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just because we, the viewing public, didn't get to see every single person who has ever been a host on QVC wish Dan a happy retirement, doesn't mean that the atmosphere at QVC isn't that of a family.

Afterall, there was a party for Dan that we didn't see, and I'm sure that many empolyees, both past and present, were there to wish him well.

I thought that it was a lovely send off for him, and he did get teary-eyed at the end.