Respected Contributor

10 PM tonight must watch programming Dan Wheeler

Dans Retirement party is on tonight at 10. I'm sure all the old time shoppers that go back to the days of CVN will be watching caught up in the memories and waxing poetic about the good old days with Dan. Although I was never fond of Dan on the food shows I did enjoy his other qualities. Always seemed like a good family man who was loyal to his wife. Now he is all alone. Very sad for him. I just hope the decision to leave was completely his. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 10 PM tonight must watch programming Dan Wheeler

I’ll miss Dan a lot!! I’m taping the show so I can watch it again.

I wish Dan the very best in his journey!! His spirituality & faith have taught me a lot.I’ll be following Dan on Facebook!!

Respected Contributor

I don't know how he is managing between losing his wife and now an ill mother. I feel like giving Dan a big hug. Thank God he has faith to get him Through this rough patch in his life.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Dans Retirement party is on tonight at 10. I'm sure all the old time shoppers that go back to the days of CVN will be watching caught up in the memories and waxing poetic about the good old days with Dan. Although I was never fond of Dan on the food shows I did enjoy his other qualities. Always seemed like a good family man who was loyal to his wife. Now he is all alone. Very sad for him. I just hope the decision to leave was completely his. 

@Reever  I do not think he is all alone.  He has his  close family and his faith. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Reever  I do not think he is all alone.  He has his  close family and his faith. 

I agree.  He's likely very lonely for his wife, but there's no reason to assume he's "all alone."   I don't think we need to be sad for him.  He may very well be looking forward to leaving QVC and starting a new chapter of his life, perhaps free to spend more time with family and friends, and doing things he loves to do.

Honored Contributor

I won’t be watching. Dan has never been a favorite host of mine, and I don’t think of hosts as family members or BFFs or my brother and get all involved. They’re people who sell stuff, and their private life and what they do with it doesn’t interest me.

I think he’s probably a nice guy and I wish him peace and happiness after leaving QVC, but I won’t be missing him especially over others or be wanting to keep up with his life. After all these years he deserves a private life away from QVC.

I don’t think it was anything but his decision - there’s no reason any of us could know any differently. The well-publicized big send-off argues against QVC having any issues with Dan.

It sounds as if he wants to spend uninterrupted time with all of his family and be free to travel and indulge in his hobbies. The same as any person who retires.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching the show. He's a classy, unassuming guy who has been a pleasure to watch and listen to over the years since his first shows --- and I wish him the very best. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

He mentioned now devoting time to his ministry.

Super Contributor

I am watching it too. And I will also miss him. He has been one of my very favorites to watch. I met him at an outlet store and he is genuinely a super nice guy. He's been a great inspiration to so many and I wish him all the very best and will be keeping up with him on facebook.

Honored Contributor

I will be watching Dan's final show. In fact, it is on now. I hope his future is full of things he enjoys, and loves to do. I will follow his Fearless Faith Ministries.