Valued Contributor

$10, $20, $30 "FOR YOU" ???? Make up your mind

Doesn't affect me as I already have a QVC charge, but I don't think this is fair.  One day it's $10, next day $20, next day $30 credit.  NOT FAIR!!  I would be fuming if I opened it on a $5 day.

Actually, I didn't get anything for opening mine!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: $10, $20, $30 "FOR YOU" ???? Make up your mind

[ Edited ]

I have posted about this before...I opened a Q card years ago and have NEVER received any 'reward' for owning a Q card!!  The closest efforts made to 'thank' Q card owners are easy pay offers or a rare day of zero S/H charge. 

I would like to see some kind of reward/gift offer for longtime customers...code for percentage off price, points system etc.  So many other retailers do reward their good customers!!

And yes, I would also be furious if I opened a card for $5 reward and then the next day the reward was $20 or more!!!!

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan,and everyone,

Totally agree with you, NOT FAIR!

Respected Contributor

HSN does periodically (every week or two) email $20 off or 20% off coupons on one item to me (I am an HSN card holder, as well as a QVC card holder).  I rarely use them, though, because there usually isn't anything I want at that particular time (it's usually good for 2 days, with a max savings of $25).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Yes pick one and stick with it

Respected Contributor

I get 20% off coupons fairly regularly for my HSN charge account.  I will usually make a list of things I'm considering and when the offer comes, check my list to see if it's a good deal with the extra 20%.  There's a hair product that rarely goes on sale that I use the 20% on frequently. 

Honored Contributor

I agree that from the consumer side it seems un fair.  However, these promotions are strictly to benefit QVC.

Most likely QVC typically gets an average maximum of 100 (pick any number here) new QVC cardholders when they offer the $5 promotion. 

But they notice they get an average of 1,000 new cardholders when they up the ante to a $20 promotion.

As a business, why wouldn't QVC go up & down?   People get complacent after a while, and sit on their hands, if they know that same dependable promotion will be there next week.  In the meantime, they take advantage of a different retailer's promotion, and QVC loses out.  Conversely, more people will get excited and jump at a higher promotion knowing it won't always be that high.  Sales is psychology. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suzeecat wrote:

I get 20% off coupons fairly regularly for my HSN charge account.  I will usually make a list of things I'm considering and when the offer comes, check my list to see if it's a good deal with the extra 20%.  There's a hair product that rarely goes on sale that I use the 20% on frequently. 

---------------------

I don't have an HSN card, but I receive the coupons too!  I don't use the coupons very often, but every once in a while, there is some item I want and the 20% off is a good deal!!

Last time, I bought some holiday candy that I buy every year!  I break up the candy in the tin into smaller gifts The 20% off gave me a reduction of $17.00!!  I would have purchased the candy anyway, so that was a good deal for me....

Trusted Contributor

It's not fair because you signed up at a diffferent time and you didn't get a "reward."  So now at this time they have promotions.  So what.  Nothing is fair.  That's life.

Honored Contributor

My Q card was so old they recently issued me a new account number, because the original one didn't have enough numbers!

I don't care what they do with new customers, but it would be nice if there were some sort of reward for long time card holders.  Someone mentioned a point system, also a good idea.  Something would be nice.