Honored Contributor

Re: $10, $20, $30 "FOR YOU" ???? Make up your mind

This happens with other places too.  We're Xfinity customers, have been for several years.  In the past few years, they have been offering a $200 Visa gift card or a flat-panel tv to new customers.  That's life.  We got the best deal available at the time we signed up.

Honored Contributor

I also didn't get anything when I opened a Q card account.  Haven't used it in years as I get points, etc. from my other credit cards.  To me there was no advantage at all to having a Q card.          I can't believe how much they are pushing easy pay.  To me it isn't worth using.  Hate seeing that item on statement for 4 - 6 months.  I'm sure some don't realize that some times you have to make two payments in one month.

Trusted Contributor

I have to agree with you.  I have been a Q card holder for 30 years and have never received any kind of acknowledgment for loyalty to the company.....and I have made many purchases over the years.  As for offering easy pay...it really doesn't make a difference to me.  I still have to pay one way or another, so I don't consider it a significant perk.  Free shipping is appreciated when it is occasionally offered, but I agree it would be nice to have some kind of discount incentive for the customers who have been making purchases faithfully for many many years.  

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

My Q card was so old they recently issued me a new account number, because the original one didn't have enough numbers!

I don't care what they do with new customers, but it would be nice if there were some sort of reward for long time card holders.  Someone mentioned a point system, also a good idea.  Something would be nice.

I agree.  I got my card a long time ago, and didn't get any type of reward.  But I understand that one of QVC's big goals is to consistently bring in new customers.  They already know they have existing customers who will continue to buy, so it makes sense that they would focus on pulling in new ones, and these offers clearly are effective.  I have no problem with that.  (The change in the dollar amount is annoying, but it creates a sense of urgency, which is what they want.)

I also agree that it would be good to give existing customers something.  I actually think it's pretty shameful that there are no rewards for people who have been loyal customers. And it would be smart for them to offer incentives so all customers (new, old, and in between) would be more inclined to turn into loyal customers.

(In all my years of buying from QVC - and for many years I bought a lot! - all I ever received was a signed birthday card with an EZ Pay offer.  And that was just once.  I've never felt valued as a customer, and I feel no loyalty to QVC whatsoever.)

Esteemed Contributor

Back when I got my QCard, you had to have a QVC number to place an order.  It wasn't a credit card, it was a membership card (8 numbers).  The only way to order was by phone, and the person answering the phone would always ask for your QVC number first before taking your order.  This was back when I had my pet dinosaur.

Except for one year at Thanksgiving I got a "signed" card from all the hosts offering EZ Pay, I've never got any type of perk or incentive from QVC for being a long-time customer.  Yet, ever since I placed my first order at HSN, they send me coupons by mail and email.   See? HSN appreciates me as a customer.

Now that HSN and QVC are becoming one, I suppose my HSN coupons will stop.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I’m not defending QVC’s promotions but I believe there is an offer for first-time customers and different offer for those who apply for the Q card (who may or may not be customers). The $10 promotion was for first-time customers, not Q card applicants (at least that’s how it was explained on air). I see % off offers all the time from online retailers for placing a first order; they all are looking for ways to reel you in.

Honored Contributor

Today it's just $5 for a first-time order. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Today it's just $5 for a first-time order. Lol.

@handygal2 I saw that too. $10 on Sunday and $5 on Tuesday. It’s not illegal but it’s not equitable.