Honored Contributor

Re: $10.00 to Try on an Item??

@gardensla

I've always enjoyed shopping at the malls!  It's not a chore to me, it's fun!  I don't always have as much time to shop as I would like and I understand that this is why many people shop on-line because it is convenient.  And you can shop at all hours of the day and night and in your pajamas if you want to!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24

Yes, that is a lovely idea to just give to someone rather than return.  But I am sorry to say that I cannot afford to do that.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 no, I can't either and for me, I'd rather just make a straight up donation to the organization.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh yea, the somewhat newly implemented 'try on' fee is all about them and not a bit for us...  But hey, enjoy that reduced $3 shipping on items that are least likely to be returned... Funny how that turned out... Big reason, too, not to buy anything of which I'm even a little unsure. SInce they now keep two way shipping costs, there's no advantage whatsoever to being adventurous these days.  Yes, of course, hosts, we can return it if we don't love it, but it sometimes costs us quite a bit to 'try it out'... as they so like to encourage us to do.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

yes and I heard Nancy say that rather than returning them, we should "give them away" to someone else if we didn't like them.

I understand that the shoe sale is for charity, but in that case, I would prefer to donate my money directly, rather than having to order, try them on and then return them. 

Maybe QVC should donate the shipping to charity instead.

Just wanted to add that it actually costs more like $12.00 to try on shoes, shipping is $5.00 not $3.00 and then the $6.95 return fee.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

yes and I heard Nancy say that rather than returning them, we should "give them away" to someone else if we didn't like them.

I understand that the shoe sale is for charity, but in that case, I would prefer to donate my money directly, rather than having to order, try them on and then return them. 

Maybe QVC should donate the shipping to charity instead.

I have heard more and more hosts saying this and IMO they are right.  I think it's horribly tacky for anyone to buy a pair of shoes where the money is going to charity and then turn around and return them.  I feel the same way about Cure by the Shore items.

I have been posting this for years and I know my opinion is unpopular but I feel very strongly about that.  I've bought shoes in the past that I either hated or they just didn't work for me.  I donated them or gave them to someone I knew who could use them.  I'd never return them.

Contributor

I could not agree more.  I have been very selective when ordering items especially clothing. I don't know of another retailer that charges $10 to try on a pair of pants.  I usually wait to read some reviews before I purchase.

I think the Q is trying really hard with all the easy pays, but in the long run I think this will bite them back if it hasn't already.

Honored Contributor

@greyexplorer wrote:

I could not agree more.  I have been very selective when ordering items especially clothing. I don't know of another retailer that charges $10 to try on a pair of pants.  I usually wait to read some reviews before I purchase.

I think the Q is trying really hard with all the easy pays, but in the long run I think this will bite them back if it hasn't already.

I think it's already come back to bite them. I suspect it's one reason we're seeing more Easy Pay... You know what, they can keep their 'try on fee' and they can keep their Easy Pay because the bottom line is Easy Pay doesn't help with high prices nor with the costs of two-way shipping.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Agree! And another thing to consider, is that if you do get an item, and do need to return it ,and they then deem you've returned too many items, you will get a letter. For someone homebound, online shopping is a huge help, but when the seller 's clothing sizes  is not consistent, then sometimes returns are necessary. I understand it becomes not profitable for them, for a customer to return items. It is just another consideration of not buying much from them, anymore. Other online retailers have much better and faster return policies ,,such as free shipping and returns. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva sure, I understand that.  I bought items that support charitable efforts before and yes, rather than return them, I've given them away instead.

But as I also said, I would rather donate directly to the charity than buy something that I don't want/need.