Honored Contributor

Re: $10.00 now to return something

On 3/11/2015 handygal said: There have been probably hundreds of complaints here on many different threads in the past several weeks, as the reality of this new $3 shipping scheme takes hold. An even worse risk now is buying a handbag. You can lose as much as $22.00 if you want to return one. That's insane! This new policy will come back to "bite" them.

I hope it does come back to "bite" them....Who knew that a retailer would actually institute a $10 "try me out fee" as I like to call it......{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yes, Spurt. And what really baffles me is that they don't seem to care what their online competition is doing. Years ago, before Internet shopping became so popular, their business model applied to a lot more shoppers, myself included. But nowadays, we can look on the web for the same or similar items, and find them cheaper and with free shipping. So why pay a "try-it-out" fee for items that are no bargain to begin with, and available elsewhere?! They need to get with the program before it's too late.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Frequent Contributor

Plain and simple: QVC's 'try it on' fees of $10 per garment and $12 per pair of shoes have curtailed my purchases.

Valued Contributor

On 3/11/2015 KYToby said:

I am just curious. Who should pay the shipping?

Shipping is not free. Packaging costs money. Labor costs money. Shipping costs money. Insurance costs money. Nothing is free.

If someone purchases something, why should they not expect to pay to have it shipped to them. If they change their mind, why should they not pay to ship it back? On what planet is it fair to expect the company to refund all shipping, thereby passing the costs onto other shoppers?

When it comes to clothing items, I do think it is incumbent on QVC to ensure accurate measurements are provided. After that, though, ll responsibility falls upon the purchaser. If one is "hard to fit," perhaps online sopping is not the best option. If one does not like the color because it looks different on television, then they should accept the fact they were wrong and, at minimum, pay to ship it back.

I just do not understand why so many people seem to think it is any way fair or proper for others to ultimately pay more for an individual's lack of decisiveness or willpower. It just makes no sense.

Shipping IS free on Amazon, Onlineshoes, Zappos, Macys, NY&Co, Lowe's, and many more..... so I guess it IS possible.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/15/2015 tough_kitty said:

Shipping is not free. Packaging costs money. Labor costs money. Shipping costs money. Insurance costs money. Nothing is free.

If someone purchases something, why should they not expect to pay to have it shipped to them. If they change their mind, why should they not pay to ship it back? On what planet is it fair to expect the company to refund all shipping, thereby passing the costs onto other shoppers?

When it comes to clothing items, I do think it is incumbent on QVC to ensure accurate measurements are provided. After that, though, ll responsibility falls upon the purchaser. If one is "hard to fit," perhaps online sopping is not the best option. If one does not like the color because it looks different on television, then they should accept the fact they were wrong and, at minimum, pay to ship it back.

I just do not understand why so many people seem to think it is any way fair or proper for others to ultimately pay more for an individual's lack of decisiveness or willpower. It just makes no sense.

Shipping IS free on Amazon, Onlineshoes, Zappos, Macys, NY&Co, Lowe's, and many more..... so I guess it IS possible.

No such thing as "free" shipping.

One may not "pay" for it up front, but you can bet your sweet bippy, that the cost of pulling the item, packaging it, putting it in to a box, putting all the info on the box, IS being paid, by you, the consumer. It's just built in to the price of the item.

Valued Contributor

On 3/15/2015 Plaid Pants said:
On 3/15/2015 tough_kitty said:

No such thing as "free" shipping.

One may not "pay" for it up front, but you can bet your sweet bippy, that the cost of pulling the item, packaging it, putting it in to a box, putting all the info on the box, IS being paid, by you, the consumer. It's just built in to the price of the item.

Probably so, but even then, the price is still LOWER then the item price on Q for the same item BEFORE the shipping fee!! Besides, they have promotions all the time. I get $70 off $150 so I'm paying on average $20/item and free shipping plus free return to the store. Still much better deals!
Valued Contributor

Here is an example: if Macys sells a Philosophy shower gel for $10 + "Free" shipping and still makes profit, then Q makes tons of profit by charging more for the item AND the shipping fee.
Esteemed Contributor

The Q does have to make some kind of split with Philosophy; it's not all theirs.

Valued Contributor

On 3/15/2015 taja123 said:

The Q does have to make some kind of split with Philosophy; it's not all theirs.

OK, in other words, if you buy from Q, you are also paying for their advertising. I'd rather shop somewhere else and save my $$$...
Esteemed Contributor

Back to the mall you go? I never would give up the mall for QVC or any other mail order store. No way!