Honored Contributor

Re: @wismiss Thinking of You

@wismiss

I was thinking of you yesterday. Heart

During the pandemic, when the situation can be totally isolating, we have spent tenfold the time with them so their absence cuts even deeper.

If you are open to the idea, I know that with kitten season here there are a lot of organizations who are looking for foster kitten parents.  Sometimes the zaniness of kittens, knowing that you will help them get ready for adoption, can distract you from the loneliness at home.  Just a suggestion, then you won't have to worry about taking anything away.  I know that it's not for everyone, but I have seen in my rescue groups that it is a struggle to find homes for kittens and sometimes they just need a place to calm down a bit and be socialized before they can be successfully adopted out.  

Trusted Contributor

@wismiss, I too thought of you all day yesterday.  None of us know each other here, but our love for our dear pets bonds us in a way.  Very sorry for your loss. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It has been three days since Schatzi left.  I am doing OK, then I see something that triggers a memory and just break down and cry.  I can't go into the bedroom without breaking down as that is where she took her naps and I woke up in the morning and she would be the first thing I would see.  I miss petting her, having her presence in the same room as I am in, hearing her little meow, and seeing her play with her light up balls.  There is a big hole in my heart and I just feel so sad.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

The vet's office just called.  Schatzi's ashes are ready to be picked up at my convenience.  So, I will go there today and bring Schatzi home.  Oh, how I wish ...... well, you all know what I was wishing.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss 

Your heart has shattered. Allow yourself time and space to grieve. It's something no one can hide from and because Schatzi will always be a major part of your life, it may take longer to mourn her. Remember that she lives forever in your heart, and nothing can remove her from that place of honor.

Try to take care of yourself. Eat nourishing foods, drink a lot of water, sleep the best you can. Schatzi would want it so.

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

I hope that soon the memories of your joyful times together will 

help Your heart to be a bit lighter..  Her paw prints will alway be there.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Thinking of you and understanding completely how you are feeling.   When I have lost my dogs, I still reach my hand out to pet them and feed them scraps at the table.  The pain sears right through the heart when I realize they are not there.

Some people who don't have pets will say that pets can be like family.  No.  They ARE family.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schatzi is home.  It is very hard because seeing her urn reminds me of how permanent  this is and that she just wasn't at the vet's for a few days.  I did find this on Pinterest which I think will comfort me in the days ahead.  And, I'm posting it for all of you who, too, have lost a pet or pets.

I think this was meant for me to see, as I think it is a letter from Schatzi.  

I just wanted to let you know I made it home.

Everything is so pretty here, so white, so fresh, so new.

I wish that you could close your eyes so you could see it, too.

Please try not to be sad for me.

God is taking care of me...I'm in the shelter of His hands.

Here there is no sadness, and no sorrow, and no pain.

Here there is no crying and I'll never hurt again.

Here it so peaceful when all the angels sing.

I have to go now....I've got to try my wings.

P.S.  .... I'll be the first face you see when you get here!!

wismiss