Honored Contributor

where do little rubber tennis balls hide?

It wasn't over 1-2 hrs. ago that we were playing with her ball. Bright orange. We don't do the bell inside the ball type balls. We may need to go to remote control ones. This will be the third one that's escaped here. I've looked everywhere I think it's possible for this little ball to be.

Where do they get to?

Honored Contributor

Re: where do little rubber tennis balls hide?

The neighbors' dogs all bring the tennis balls to my yard, and hide them under the shrubs....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

These are my two dogs favorite play balls!  Yes, they do disappear kind of like socks in the dryer!  I have even found them at the park I walk to.....

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind having to buy more rubber balls.  We have them with and without bells.  I find them eventually and I always get " that look" when I find another favorite hiding place.   I hate it when my car keys disappear.  When not in use they belong in my purse.  Somehow over night "someone" takes them out and hides them.  I have no idea how she does it as the purse is closed.  My ferrets and raccoons were all Houdinis but a cat?   She uses her paws like hands to get what she wants.  When she gets caught in the act she just looks at her brother as if to say ask him.  He is a typical laid back gentleman.  She is a hellion on 4 feet.  They are 2 but she acts as if she is still 6 months and learning the house rules.

Esteemed Contributor

We finally had to ban anything round from being in our dog's toy box. Our older dog kept getting the ball under the furniture and wouldn't "let it go". We were the ones always on all fours getting balls out from under. No more. There are at least a dozen outside and our dogs know they have to drop them at the door before they come inside. They are very spoiled so we figure they can deal with this one inconvenience.  LOL

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

We've been our knees (yes, we'll have to get some square balls, LOL), with flashlights. We know how far she can reach, how high on her tippy toes she can go. They are vanishing!!! We can't find them anywhere.  I said, some day when we have to move, we'll find all these rubber balls. She doesn't seem to know either.

We'll have to find some square balls! LOL

Honored Contributor

I know exactly what you mean....my little boy loves the balls that are very soft plastic so he can endlessly sit and squeak them.  We used to play fetch down the hallway till he dropped from exhaustion, but now he finds pleasure in mommy fetching and throwing it back towards him so he can growl, pounce, and squeak.  The balls disappear routinely and I have to go in search to purchase more of these elusive "soft" squeaky balls (they are hard to locate so I usually buy a few).  Eventually I retrieve a few when deep cleaning (under sofas or between the dryer/washing machine etc).  What we don't do for our "kids"...it is my pleasure to spoil and pamper my little bundle of life who brings me so much joy!

Honored Contributor

Well, we have 2 new ones for her. Only one at a time.  This should be #4, I told my husband we should number them.