Honored Contributor

Re: what are you getting your doggies for Christmas?

@HappyDaze

I went to Pet Food Express this afternoon and noticed they have a sort of sloth-type  fuzzy toy that may be somewhat close to what your dog likes.   It had a flatter type of fluffy covering and loose arms and legs (as opposed to stiff).   If you have one in your area, maybe take your dog so he can decide!

It was $16.99.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I bought our boy a new padded mat for his crate and a larger one to take to the kennel when we board him.  Christmas is always a good time for us to replace toys.  He's getting a textured ball, a ball on a rope, a Kong Safestix "fetch stick", a 3-ring chain toy and a few treats.  I don't give him any kind of bully sticks, rawhide bones, or anything like that.  I can't get him any fabric toys either.  I tried that last year with a little floppy thing that looked like Lambchop and he destroyed it in a matter of minutes.  After rethinking that, I decided I don't want to confuse him, to make him think it's OK to chomp on a fabric toy and then get scolded if he tries to chew on a blanket or his bed mat.

I have a grand-kitten this year so I picked up a little teaser toy on a stick of a dangling stuffed octopus with jingle bells sewn on his tentacles for him.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze, ijust thought of a place and looked they have fuzzy bears and frogs all large by Kong, I by my koi stuff there sometimes. They are a nice company, it is Pet mountain. Hope you can find something...Maryanne

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@HappyDaze

I went to Pet Food Express this afternoon and noticed they have a sort of sloth-type  fuzzy toy that may be somewhat close to what your dog likes.   It had a flatter type of fluffy covering and loose arms and legs (as opposed to stiff).   If you have one in your area, maybe take your dog so he can decide!

It was $16.99.  

Thanks so much, @GingerPeach but I think the arms need to be kind of stiff like in the man toy picture. He kind of suck/nibbles on them so if they were floppy arms, it wouldn't work the same. I know, he is weird, lol! He is such a mystery in so many ways, lol. I don't have a pet food express in my area anyway. Thanks for trying to help me though, I REALLY appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

@HappyDaze, ijust thought of a place and looked they have fuzzy bears and frogs all large by Kong, I by my koi stuff there sometimes. They are a nice company, it is Pet mountain. Hope you can find something...Maryanne

@Keeper of the koi oh thanks I will go take a look! Thanks!

Valued Contributor

For some reason, unknown to me, my two little "girls" (standard poodles) will not "chew up" the American Classic brand of stuffed dog toys.  Instead, they carefully carry them around in their mouths and will lick and groom them.  So, I know WE ALL will be happy with another American Classic toy. I will also give them a "bully" stick, as this is their favorite treat. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi - Thanks for the recommendation of Pets Mountain.  I've been doing a little more shopping today.  I'm almost tempted to try the "hide-a-squirrel".

Super Contributor

As of right now, a hard time, w/red bow.

Trusted Contributor

The second one was also discontinued- a rubber chew toy he liked to chew on. No other chew toy works - they are either too hard, too soft and breaks into bits, or smells funny (some rubbers are really strong scented and he doesn't like that). I'd love to find a new rubber toy he could exercise his jaw. He doesn't like to chew on toys or other things so this was his only real exercise and also helped to clean his teeth. It is called Orka dental puck

Petstages ORKA Dental Puck

I found this on ebay for 11.99, it came today and its the best.  I also bought the 3 ring chew toy with the same brand orka dental and it is holding up to our yellow lab the power chewer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deb5555 wrote:

The second one was also discontinued- a rubber chew toy he liked to chew on. No other chew toy works - they are either too hard, too soft and breaks into bits, or smells funny (some rubbers are really strong scented and he doesn't like that). I'd love to find a new rubber toy he could exercise his jaw. He doesn't like to chew on toys or other things so this was his only real exercise and also helped to clean his teeth. It is called Orka dental puck

Petstages ORKA Dental Puck

I found this on ebay for 11.99, it came today and its the best.  I also bought the 3 ring chew toy with the same brand orka dental and it is holding up to our yellow lab the power chewer.

Wow I never thought to check ebay! I always take the rope off and my boys can chew that puck straight for hours on end, even the one who never chews toys. It must just be the right consistency- not too hard, not too soft- and not too strong rubbery scented.

ETA: thanks for the heads up about it being on Ebay. If they are still available, I am going to get my boy one. He will be so happy! Smiley Happy