Honored Contributor

Re: what are you getting your doggies for Christmas?

[ Edited ]

I know what you mean, @HappyDaze, about feeling the texture first.  And even though I have three major pet supply stores near me (Pet Food Express, Petco, and PetSmart), it's still hard to find everything unless you go online to other sources.

I take it back.  I agree with you it is WORSE when a favorite dog toy is discontinued!

Good luck in your search.  I hope your guy gets a great and satisfying new fuzzy toy.

Oh, also, don't forget inthecompanyofdogs.com  You probably know they are more upscale.  The other two give better discounts.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach dang large of the bunny is sold out. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Oh, shoot, @HappyDaze

Baxterboo is, it seems to me, kind of like an overstock for dog things.  They get items back in on an odd schedule.  Maybe it will come back in soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Santa used to bring our basset hound, unstuffed squeaker toy and one can of wet food as a special treat. 

She's 12 now and doesn't play much any more.  The vet said no wet food.

So this year we will donate a little extra to our local shelter instead.

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack

Thank you.  I miss that little girl so much!  I find that I'm actually the one who is blessed by adopting seniors.  It's hard, because you know they probably have a shorter time with you, but it's worth it all.  They are gifts.

Honored Contributor

I agree, @luv-the-Q

I've only ever adopted seniors.  My favorite dog rescue is Muttville in SF.  The focus is purely on senior dogs.  

Respected Contributor

I googled Orka Dental Puck and found one store which has them ($22?!)  Doctors Foster and Smith have an Orka dental chew, although different from the puck.  Orka makes bouncy tennis-type balls and other products which might be the same rubber and appeal to your pup.  The company is Petstages.  Maybe you could email them.

My dog belongs to a play group, and the Orka tennis ball is quite popular along with another called the Amazing Squeeker Ball. 

My dog got an early present from Santa, a new bed.  His other bed was too small,  He also has some treats coming.  Last year his "auntie" sent him a Bark Box.  Not sure if she'll do it again, but it sure was fun for him to receive a gift in the mail!

Respected Contributor

Nothing special this year - last year my old dogs both got some treats I got at a local pet store.  I got them treats I thought they would be able to chew easily.  Well, within minutes of each other they both started choking!  I had to put my finger down their throats and pull out their treats.  I thought I was going to lose them both on Christmas morning!  I was shaking and exhausted!  No more special treats - just what they get every day. If you get something they aren't used to, please keep an eye on your dogs while they are eating their treats. 

Valued Contributor

@luv-the-Q  you have a good & kind heart adopting a senior dog!  We get love back 10 fold from rescued dogs, especially seniors. 🙂

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Trusted Contributor

@3cupcakes That is exactly right.  Thank you for your kind words.  The dogs give me way more than I give them.  You said it and I know you know it.