Respected Contributor

well, it seems problem is solved. backstory.  we took beanie in for a full checkup in January. not really anything much to report on. 

i was giving

her some of the high protein/calorie paste, and noticed the canine tooth looked funny.  examined a little closer, horrid tartar. Her mouth has been hurting!!!!

i talked to the vet, and in january it was noted moderate tartar on the uppers.  today when i looked, black areas, and heavy tartar on uppers and lowers!!!!  

i was actually pretty shocked. but it really makes sense. I wonder if the medication that she's on would make a difference, as to how fast the tartar creeped up.  she doesn't really like the hard crunchy kibble, most of the things i was offering her had a little chew to them. 

i bought a can of the green cow, solid gold canned food. 

someone suggested it last time when we were diagnosing her addisons, for picky eaters. 

anyway, she has been taking it willingly (off the small spoon, i have been giving her bite by bite).

i am thrilled to have solved the mystery. 

they can't get her in till monday, but we are on the road to recovery now. i am so relieved. 

i just couldn't understand, she acted so normal, and to not eat.  happy, happy, happy.  

i'm sure it will be a minimum of $500, (dixie was $550) but i told them i really didn't need a pricing consultation. 

she's getting it done. we love beanie. 

thanks for listening. appreciate it. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo   I'm so glad you solved the mystery.  Bad teeth can be miserable for pets.  The last dental one of my dogs had was $750, and that was quite a few years ago.  It has to be done though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau