Respected Contributor

Re: update on Geena ...addisons

@RealtyGal2   oh, yeah, i tried mixing some of the canned food with homemade beef soup, with rice, warmed it and everything. nope. ended up dumping the whole thing. dogs are smart about holding out, if they know you'll keep upping the tasty ante.

Respected Contributor

@Marp  good point about small pieces. last night i cooked her a chicken breast with rice and broth, gave it to her warm..... she just picked out the chicken. gonna have to get out the food processer i guess. 

Regular Contributor

Buy some puppy training pads and keep one by the door.  They absorb accidents very well.  We have one cat that is pad-trained.

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers  

@1Snickers wrote:

@kittyloo.   I’m not familiar with Addisons. But Solid Gold has a canned food called Green Cow. It’s cow tripe and stinks. Dogs love it and they use it for extra nutrition for sled dogs. It’s expensive but it could be mixed with dry. 

I only get a can occasionally because of the smell but my terriers come running!

well i tried the green cow. and she ate it!!!!!  sooo happy. thank you so much for the suggestion.  Also found out that at petco, if your pet doesnt like the food, you can bring it back. so that helps too. i ended up getting about 4 cans of different stuff, just to see. so i'm not just dumping money down the drain.