Trusted Contributor

maybe i have spoiled my dogs but i still like to feed them really good food.  i buy chicken quaters and pressure cook them for my dogs.  i put a bit in with their dry food each day.  i also put some of the broth on it for them.  they really look forward to their meals each day

Honored Contributor

You should see my little guy strutt his stuff....he knows he is some kind of special

and nothing makes me happier than letting him know he is one cool little dude!

Valued Contributor

@shortbreadlover I do the same for my cat. I buy organic free range chicken breasts every week and bake them (Ina Garten style) and use them for my lunches & dinner throughout the week. My cat loves it too! 

Honored Contributor

Both of my dogs get really severe digestive issues from eating chicken.

I only feed them Origen six fish.  It is expensive, but they are worth it.

Our pets are made for us to spoil. They give so much love back to us.

Trusted Contributor

they sure do and i could not live in a home without my pets

Respected Contributor

I do what I feel is best for my dog. I don’t consider it spoiling him though. He deserves the best care possible. I feed raw. My vet and I agree on this. (Cooked bones however should never be fed to a dog.)

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover   I spoil my two dogs as well!

Like you, I cook up chicken breast, thighs, hearts, livers...  beef heart.....I  also buy

cat fish, and salmon,   And add these to their expensive dry food.  They eat very well!

Honored Contributor

At our house, we say the pets have us trained.

Pets adore us, ask for little in return, they are fun to spoil.

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I do what I feel is best for my dog. I don’t consider it spoiling him though. He deserves the best care possible. I feed raw. My vet and I agree on this. (Cooked bones however should never be fed to a dog.)

You're fortunate to have found a vet that is agreeable to raw. While searching raw diets for our early generation bengal kitten, we found Hill's Science Pet foods subsidize many vet schools, so of course they don't advocate raw diets.

Rocko took to raw like a champ - the first time we just gave him a raw chicken wing tip and he gnawed through it, happily growling.  We later went to the catnutrition.com site and prepared it properly.

As far as spoiling pets, we don't believe in that - unless it's leftover vanilla ice cream.

cimg0065.jpg

Denise
Respected Contributor

@denisemb He is just gorgeous! I have a friend who wants a Bengal so bad. Lol! Good for you for doing your own research. Hearing them crunch those bones is so satisfying- something only raw feeders appreciate and understand. 😉 Those gorgeous pearly whites too. More and more are vets are “evolving”, shall we say, which is wonderful for our pets. Hopefully you will find one near you sooner rather than later. Thanks for sharing!