Trusted Contributor

my three boston terriers can tell the difference between a store bought tomato and one fresh from the garden.  they will not eat the one from the store but they love and gobble the ones that are    fresh from the garden.

they also love eggplant that has been breaded and fried

Honored Contributor

I had a cat that loved a certain brand of angel food cake.  When we got another kind we even kept a box from the brand he liked  and put it in that but no way would he eat anything but his favorite brand.

Esteemed Contributor

Store bought have no smell - no juice ...to smell.

My Spaniel (years ago) came up missing - tracked her down to the woodlot where she found discarded tomato plants with small tomatoes = where we had thrown the plants in the Fall cleanup.  She would NOT leave that plant until she ate every one of them.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

my three boston terriers can tell the difference between a store bought tomato and one fresh from the garden.  they will not eat the one from the store but they love and gobble the ones that are    fresh from the garden.

@shortbreadlover   I'm not so sure it's good to feed a dog fried food of any kind.  I never fed my dogs fried foods.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee I agree - fried foods = very bad for animals. 

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

@shortbreadlover   Fried foods are even worse for dogs than they are for people.  It's very dangerous to feed them to dogs.  Just Google it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

@shortbreadlover   Molly can tell time. At 10:45 every night, she goes potty out her doggie door, stands by her treat jar and then trots down the hall towards our room. 11PM is bedtime. She’s getting herself ready....shame she can’t brush her own teeth.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I had a cat that loved a certain brand of angel food cake.  When we got another kind we even kept a box from the brand he liked  and put it in that but no way would he eat anything but his favorite brand.

Funny, cats can not taste sweetness so it must be something else about angel food cake your cat liked.

Respected Contributor

If it's true cats can't taste sweet then I don't know Why my kitty girl was so all fired crazy over cotton candy!  It was the one thing she'd fight her big brother for.  AND when she was waging her war against the cancer,  one of her medications was a compounded liquid and I had it made in cotton candy flavour for her. She took it like a champ. 

ETA  On the doggy side I had a yellow lab who would sit in front of me and drool until I shared my Cardonnnay with him.  Just a bit in his dish but he loved it.  Who knew he'd ever have liked it?

Honored Contributor

Years ago we planted cherry tomatoes.  Found our dog was eating them when we saw the seeds on her face.