Honored Contributor

Any recommendations for a few chew toys,for puppies?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

My dog liked the tiny nylabone. It doesn't break off and get swallowed. I'm sure you know not to use raw hide bones. They break and get swallowed and can lodge in intestines. 

Best wishes with your new puppy.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest    I bet you're beside yourself with excitement.  This baby has been a long time coming.  Did you even sleep last night?  We expect pictures very soon and ongoing.  I think we all feel like great aunts.  Have a memorable and happy day! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest    I bet you're beside yourself with excitement.  This baby has been a long time coming.  Did you even sleep last night?  We expect pictures very soon and ongoing.  I think we all feel like great aunts.  Have a memorable and happy day! 

I am so very nervous,  excited, hope cambridge takes puppy okay.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I spent hundreds of dollars on toys, they are even now more expensive.

Puppy teeth are really sharp so I suggest a KONG, that will last, at least you hope it will last.

But, the best toy was cotton socks stuffed into one sock and tied at the end, that seemed to be the hit with my pup.

No nylon socks though, they have those nylon fibers that pull and could possibly get stuck, only 100% cotton.

Good luck....what an exciting time.

Honored Contributor

Nylabone brand.

Honored Contributor

I still have some kong toys,from so many years ago, lots of toys here from many years ,but i bought a few new puppy toys ,for clancy.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest Try the chicken Nylabone or a puppy KONG toy.  I have also had more response with my west highland enjoying a plastic water bottle stuffed inside a long tube sock.  Tie a knot in it and they love the light toy that makes crackle sounds!  It is cheap and I actually have had a better response from Buddy with the homemade toy.  Good luck with the new baby and know you will have a remarkable journey together.  Post a picture of your new fur member!

Trusted Contributor

Our dog had to get a tooth pulled after chewing on a nylabone way too hard, i would never give my puppy or dog them ever agan, stick with kong.