Trusted Contributor

what brand do you feed and why?

Trusted Contributor

I always keep a bag of Meow Mix in the trunk of my car.  If i see a stray cat when I am out running errands I will put some food out. 

Respected Contributor

I had been feeding Simply Nourish small breed kibblle for several years because it was highly rated, reasonably priced, and my boys did well on it.  However, a couple months ago I got two bags with bugs in them.  I wasn't going to risk buying a third bag, and since changing brands would likely upset their stomachs, I decided to make food for them.  I've been doing ever since.  I use a variation of Dr. Foxx's recipe, but want to tweak it some more.  

They love it, and I've been told that they eat better than I do!

Why do you ask?

Honored Contributor

We have a little dog and we feed him Merrick lil plates. Merrick Grain Free is an all-natural, grain free canine diet with all recipes starting with deboned meat as the first ingredient. It’s little kibbles that are easy for our little one to eat.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Orijen and freeze-dried for the dog.  For the cats—whatever I can get them to eat at the moment!😼

Honored Contributor

My cat will eat anything he can smell.  I feed him Meow Mix.  Treats, Temptations seafod.  Special treat, licking off the dishes & silverware that are in the dishwasher prior to turning it on. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Mr. "allergic to everything" was on Royal Canin Rx diet, venison and potato.  Apparently the supply of venison ran out (please come to my back yard...seriously....) so he now is on Nutro limited ingredient lamb and sweet potato (no prescription needed)

Seems to actually be doing better on the Nutro. 

If you're looking for good pet food first check with your vet.  My best experience with any dog has been keeping their routine simple, as few ingredients as possible and as far away from wheat/grain as possible.   With cat's- they seem to always migrate to tuna. 

Trusted Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

I always keep a bag of Meow Mix in the trunk of my car.  If i see a stray cat when I am out running errands I will put some food out. 

You are an angel.  How very kind!

Honored Contributor

We have two cats. They eat Grain free Purina Beyond and for treats they get Temptations. They are very picky and will not eat cheap treats. Must be Temptations.

I bought Party treats and Temptations treats and mixed them in order to fool them. 

You can’t fool a cat is the moral of this short story especially if his name’s Bubba😾😾🙀

Regular Contributor

I use Fromm for my dogs.  I was at pet store this morning and was told there has never been a recall on the Fromm.  It is a little more expensive but my dogs do well on it.