Trusted Contributor

i have two new pets, if you can call them that)  theyare two peacoks that roam the neigborhood.  they have decided that my yard is a great place to hang out.  i have no cle as to where they came from or if they even ae an own er.  but they sure are pretty

Respected Contributor

Neat!  Male & Female?  Do you feed them?  I've heard them "scream."  Hope they don't get too loud!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

i have no idea of what to feed them.  they just showed up one day.  they seem to like my yard.  i think it is a bonded pair because the one is much more coloful . the other one is rather a dull grey color.  and they are always together.  i try to keep a lookout for them before i put the dogs outside.  i am sure that they can fly but i do not want any harm to come to them

Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover

Keep your car in the garage with the door down when they are around.  Peacocks are notorious for pecking their reflections on cars.  One restaurant had a hefty repair for a customer’s Mercedes which was d3nted all over from the birds !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@shortbreadlover, not sure I would want them in my yard.  They are described by many as nuisances.  Carriers of disease and parasites, they can damage gardens, siding, cars, etc.  Don’t start feeding them.  LM

Trusted Contributor

maybe i need to chase theem out of my yard.  i do not want dents in my car or on the siding.  they have only been here for a day, so maybe they will leave on their own.

Esteemed Contributor

Peacocks scream! They are messy and destructive. You've been complaining about the former neighbors. Now you have peacocks??

Any damages done, will be at your own expense. Don't expect someone else to pay for it or clean up the mess! If you keep them, we don't want to hear any complaints here! Sounds like you live in a zoo.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Wow, you're so lucky. Just wondering where do you live?

That would be a male and female. Most likely on their honeymoon so dont spoil it for them. They are such amazing birds, I just love them. Let them enjoy their time and im sure they'd leave. I realize being respectful and kind to animals is always a nice genture. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

If you have a wildlife association they will usually help relocate these birds.  I hope you can get them some help rather than simply running them out of your yard.

Sounds as if they are homeless.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Those birds are a nuisance; I'd take steps to get rid of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment