Respected Contributor

Re: need suggestions to stop

If this just started then Look hard for a reason.  Aside from your stress which Can make them anxious too.  You put them ourtside. do you go with them? Do you see how they are acting outside? Is there anything outside that scares them and they are staying close by the door instead of venturing out to do their business?  Hunt around and if all else fails go back to house training 101.

Respected Contributor

You have good suggestions here.  If that fails, try diapers.  I have a boy who will be 15 in October.  He started having accidents in February.  I've had him in Belly Bands since then.  He has about one accident a week, but it's contained.  I purchases a washable, rahter than disposable brand.  It's called Pet Parents.  I'm really happy with these.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

my pets from having a wetting accident on thefloor.  they are put out and still they soil the floor.  in the same spot.  there areno medical conidtions that would cause this.  any suggestions would be appricaited.

How do you know whether one of them has a bladder infection, parasites, kidney issues, anxiety or other medical condition, even aging, that’s causing this. If one pet does it because of illness the other might do it because of the smell. 

Respected Contributor

If they are doing it in the same spot, just put down dog training pads.  I have one dog on heart meds that make her pee a lot.  At night I confine her to my room and put down double pee pads and she uses them.  They have some chemical in them that attracts the dogs.

I throw them away in the morning and she's good all day.

I've found that my dogs start peeing on the floor when they get older.  As my shih tzus aged I started putting diapers on them.  For the girls I used baby disposable diapers and cut a hole for the tail.  I made belly bands for the boys.  Animals will destroy your flooring in no time and you have to ****** it in the bud.

Valued Contributor

I use white vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle to clean up.  They could be trying to see who is alpha in the house.  I have one dog that goes on top of where the other goes just to say "I am alpha in this house".  They do not go in the house though.  If one of your dogs is on prednisone that could be a reason it's hard to hold it or could be he or she has a uti.