Trusted Contributor

my pets from having a wetting accident on thefloor.  they are put out and still they soil the floor.  in the same spot.  there areno medical conidtions that would cause this.  any suggestions would be appricaited.

Super Contributor

Re: need suggestions to stop

Likely that they still smell the pee despite how well you have cleaned it up! That happens with to us with carpet in our basement. We use Nature's Miracle to soak up the pee and then steam clean the carpet. Nature's Miracle comes in several formulations and there is one for urine. It has enzymes that break down the stain. There are other varieties of cleaner available and I'm sure others will tell you about what works for them. We've used Nature's Miracle for 20+ years and been pleased with the result! I hope you find a solution for this frustrating problem!
Honored Contributor

You say they are put out but still go inside.  Do you stay outside with them and make sure they potty?  Do they tell you when they need to go outside?  You may need to start over with the housetraining and take them outside every two hours until they quit pottying in the house.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

i was thinking that it could be a reaction to all the stress that i have been having.  and i and going to steam clean the area.  it is always in thwe same spot and yes, they do go potty outside.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack.  Agreed!  Sounds like they've never been housebroken and consider "outside" simply as an option.  Dogs aren't born preferring the outside; they must be taught.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

they just recently started this.  it began about the time i started having tons ofstress

Honored Contributor

Odo ban, is good and can be used in a carpet cleaner ,home depot.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

they just recently started this.  it began about the time i started having tons ofstress

I doubt that is the reason, unless you are screaming,and yelling.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Did they start doing it recently?

Our dog has gone absolutely nuts the past few nights with all the fireworks. He is climbing on nightstands, beds, hiding under the dining room table just trying to find anyplace where he won't hear the noise. I know if he didn't have a good bladder that he would not have been able to control himself. 

BUT when we first bought our house. It stunk. We were told that the smell would go away as soon as the saddles and tack were taken out of the family room. Being young and clueless we believed the Realtor. HA! The saddles and tack were removed and it still stunk.

We removed all the carpets. And saw stains on the backing. Clearly the dogs and cats used the carpet for a litter box or potty. We bought cases of Sweet Pea Pet Corrector from Matheson Chemical Company. We scrubbed the entire house, floors and walls. Got rid of the stink. And the stink never came back. And I have a number of relatives with "delicate" noses and they would let me know it they smelled ANYTHING.

We have had two dogs since then and neither dog have used any spot in the house as a bathroom.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

I think that's just a coincidence.  I don't think dogs react to a person's stress like that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau