Trusted Contributor

my boston treed a squirrel yesterday.  it was so funny to wztch them neither of them would give in.  i had to bring kirby in so the the little critter could go on his way.

Respected Contributor

Did Kirby bark or bay treed?  Our Beagle we had when I was a child would regularly "tree" our calico cat on one of the dining room chairs.  Mickey (the calico) would just curl up and go to sleep with her back turned, and Peppy would sit on his haunches, rest his chin on the edge of the chair seat, and sing constantly until we all stopped laughing, put his leash on, and took him outside.  Mickey would get her revenge if Peppy made the mistake of walking by her when she was in some chair or other, she'd reach out and grab his tail with her paw and give it a bite.  I don't think she ever got more than a mouthful of coarse Beagle fur, but Peppy KNEW she has his number, he'd yip, run away, and hide in a corner until Mickey went outside.  They were a funny pair, those two!

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Did Kirby bark or bay treed?  Our Beagle we had when I was a child would regularly "tree" our calico cat on one of the dining room chairs.  Mickey (the calico) would just curl up and go to sleep with her back turned, and Peppy would sit on his haunches, rest his chin on the edge of the chair seat, and sing constantly until we all stopped laughing, put his leash on, and took him outside.  Mickey would get her revenge if Peppy made the mistake of walking by her when she was in some chair or other, she'd reach out and grab his tail with her paw and give it a bite.  I don't think she ever got more than a mouthful of coarse Beagle fur, but Peppy KNEW she has his number, he'd yip, run away, and hide in a corner until Mickey went outside.  They were a funny pair, those two!

Woman Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

I just love doggie tales (?!?!?)! 🤭

Trusted Contributor

nohe just kept lookingat the squirrel.  i had a reall hard time getting him to come in.